Neil Magny Hype over

I was pulling for Magny but the result wasn't much of a shock. The test was whether or not he shored up his grappling enough to survive. The prolonged nature of it and Maia not gassing were a bit surprising, though. I figured if Magny was going to get tapped it would be soon in the first round, but he was scrappy enough to drag it out, which I suppose could be seen as a silver lining lol.
this guy knows the deal...

Magny was riding a winning streak, but he never fought anyone decent, until Maia.

Everytime Maia grapples and has enough gas he can dominate everyone on the ground.

Maia only gasses when you make him work for his takedowns. Magny has terrible tdd.

I dont think there was much hype. Magny has really improved. The Maia fight was a test to show if he entered the ranks of the elite. I see him learning alot from this lost. Hes only 27 and seems humble and very coach-able. If he continues to improve at the pace he has he can be top 5 or possible champ in the next two years

nah maia is just a beast at WW.

and styles make fights - he exposed a big hole in magny's game, dude definitely needs to work on his TDD.

Maia is a tough matchup for anybody.

Tough match up for anyone but a nightmare for a certain type of fighter that can't evade his style of take downs despite having excellent wrestling and take down defense.

The LaFlare hype train was bigger than Magney's and both got derailed thanks to Maia's unique skill set.

A bit exaggerated. Magny was the underdog in the Means, Umalatov, Garcia, and even the Lim (even) fight. Didnt have much of a hype train either. Why would Joe Silva feed Magny of all people? Only really easy fight he got was Kiichi Kunimoto imo.

I was actually impressed with how long Magny defended against Maia.

What hype? Has any fighter EVER got less attention after going on that long of a winning streak?

This right here. Dude wasn't on any kind of hype train at all. I for one am bummed though. I like the guy and was hoping he could get the W.

Why does Maia still fight? he's not going to ever win that belt.

Why do you continue to work at your job? You're never going to make president or CEO. It's a paycheck, and he at least has a 5% chance of being champion whereas you have 0% of ever making it to upper management.

I never thought he would be able to beat a guy like Maia. Magny is a good well rounded fighter but that's all he'll ever be.

He's tdd has always been pretty crappy. Too bad I thought he'd have fixed this by now

Why does Maia still fight? he's not going to ever win that belt.

Maybe to make people on internet forums ask stupid questions. By you're theory 95% of the UFC roster should stop fighting.

I have always thought Magny looks a bit silly with his Glomer ears

Jlrqg8x-MYc5yS-7TQN8Ry3kFL-7Lorqa5ZEqDelOQoedESW_14jkDMWBy_QEKKKAAKAvXnE2mb-e7Vr2W-d6hkVMwIXVdzyHqD3bmT7Cfbz1pHqkMSbVdTr7MY8PbypCy4vlAU4=w200-h154-nc

8CN_nRnr6q4IxrpHfKT29ZzYUemDCY9vsfwsnu7qECjAXZaq-MLe-0eS-hYofjKUsb8kO16wGgHligW_HGBFPlTjNrSp_kgtDYH6u65mOm1i-jIK=w476-h309-nc

Back