need to lose 10-12lb for fight in 2 weeks

stabmasterarson

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Help me please!!! I have my first fight on the the 3rd, and I need to weigh in at 160 on the 2nd. I started losing weight at 176 on the 5th of January, that's when I found out I was fighting. I am on a diet/routine that looks like this.

wake up, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 cup of coffee, 1 teaspoon sugar.
then,
run either 3 miles in 22.5 minutes @ 3% incline,
or 30 mins 25m swim sprints, with 30 sec to 1- minute rest at either end,
or 2 miles of interval sprinting/jogging, 100m sprint, 100m jog, etc.
eat 2 more hard boiled eggs, 1 piece whole wheat toast with butter, some turkey bacon or small piece of steak.
protein shake 3 scoops.
drink water, rest, etc.
eat a grapefruit around 2 in the afternoon, couple slices of turkey breast, more water
rest
eat spinach salad (spinach, red peppers, tomato, cucumber) with can of tuna and nofat dressing
train 2 hours kickboxing
drink protein shake
go to bed.

If I am hungry, I will eat a couple of nuts here and there, or a piece of cheese, or no fat yogurt.

Anyway, I lost 6 lbs really fast, like in 4 days, and now I am stuck here, have been for the last week almost. I don't know if I should eat less, or less protein, or more cardio in the AM, or what. I am pretty worried, because it doesn't look like I'm gonna make this weight class, or I will have to sweat off like 12lbs to do it, and have no energy. My weight goes from 168-172, with no rhyme or reason at all.

I was told to cut out as many carbs as possible, and do this routine daily, which I do. I also lift 2-3 times a week, but mainly a circuit routine, not heavy so I don't put on mass.

Should I run for longer, at a lower rate? I heard this burns fat better than running really hard like I do, but I also need to up the cardio for the fight...so I am confused. I just don't want to cut 12lbs in a day, and have no gas and get beat. It's my first fight, and I don't have experience cutting like some folks with wrestling backgrounds do. I'm 5'7" with a muscular build, but some fat as well, that ain't going anywhere, even though I am getting more defined and my cardio is getting a LOT better.

please, please help me.

I'm not a real expert, but I like the looks of your diet. You are getting most of your carbs from fruit/vegetables, and not a lot of them. You have a high protein intake. Both factors will increase your metabolic capabilities. I can't say exactly how many carbs you are taking in, but know that if they are TOO low, this will decrease your metabolic capabilities.

As far as tweaking your cardio: as far as I know, the ranges for focusing on cardio and fat burning, respectively, are usually based on your Beats Per Minute measurement. Without this, it is tough to say. It is true that the optimal BPM range for burning fat is lower than the optimal cardio range (you see this type of stuff on posters at just about every gym). If I recall correctly, the optimal fat burning BPM range is 60-75% of your maximum.

Here is some information about calculating your max BPM: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/moser9.htm

Back