Need to Find a Place to Train in Columbus GA

Vurbil

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am new to Columbus GA, and I need a place to train. I have not trained previously, but I am a good athlete and get pretty hardcore about things.

I'm interested in boxing, muai thai, wrestling, bjj... really I'll take what I can get at this point as I haven't been able to find anything.

The one thing I'm definitely looking for, though, is a professional atmosphere where I am going to get quality training. I've walked into several places where it was like backyard wrestling or something -- just a bunch of guys "training" with no instruction going on. I want to feel like I am actually being taught something.

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction. I had to come here to finish school and I don't know anybody. I don't even have to work; my job is paying me my salary to go to school, which only takes up 4 hours a week. I need something to put my energy into.

I looked around online for a couple of minutes. There's a place called Messiah's Martial Arts and another one called Barra Brothers BJJ, both of which looked promising. ("Promising" meaning "looked like they might not suck").

Have you checked them out?

Back