1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Need to Find a Place to Train in Columbus GA

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Vurbil, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Vurbil

Vurbil White Belt

I am new to Columbus GA, and I need a place to train. I have not trained previously, but I am a good athlete and get pretty hardcore about things.

I'm interested in boxing, muai thai, wrestling, bjj... really I'll take what I can get at this point as I haven't been able to find anything.

The one thing I'm definitely looking for, though, is a professional atmosphere where I am going to get quality training. I've walked into several places where it was like backyard wrestling or something -- just a bunch of guys "training" with no instruction going on. I want to feel like I am actually being taught something.

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction. I had to come here to finish school and I don't know anybody. I don't even have to work; my job is paying me my salary to go to school, which only takes up 4 hours a week. I need something to put my energy into.

2. flak

flak Guest

I looked around online for a couple of minutes. There's a place called Messiah's Martial Arts and another one called Barra Brothers BJJ, both of which looked promising. ("Promising" meaning "looked like they might not suck").

Have you checked them out?