need to drop weight fast.. took a last minute fight

bglax7

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey guys just needed some quick advice... i took a fight on saturday the 17th of dec, and thats 3 days out right now.... i need to drop 12 lbs and want so see if any of u have any last minute ideas that i havent heard already. let me know boys

The sauna is your friend for the last 7 or 8 pounds. (I've done 12+ the day before in a sauna and don't really reccomend it).

I'm not a fan of big last minute diet changes leading up to a fight but clean foods, low salt, and some good cardio should help some as well. You're not going to lose much actual fat in a couple of days but altering the sheer volume of food the day before can have an effect on the scale as well (think emptying your system out). Cut back the salt so as not to have your body trying to retain water as you're cutting it.

Without a lot of details on your current diet and fitness level it's hard to be too specific but the bottom line is you'll be looking at plenty of sauna time the day before if you want to be as low impact on your body as possible.

Cut back on your eating a lot. Drink as much water as you can until the day before. Then don't drink anything and eat little or nothing if necessary. Remember, water is much heavier than food, 8 oz of food can be quite a lot, 8 oz of water is like half a glass. Then you need to go lose as much water weight as you can.

Wear whatever you can that is going to make you sweat the most with expending the least amount of energy. Go jogging with as many layers as you can still move with. Wear a garbage bag under your clothes. Go to a suana after if you still need to lose some weight and dont have the energy to keep doing cardio. Sleep in a garbage bag if you want to get crazy.

You want to be at most 1.5/2 lbs over that night before the weigh in when you go to sleep. You'll lose a little weight in your sleep. If you are still over the next morning you can get on your gear and go sweat it out before the weigh in. I'd keep cutting until I was a pound under just in case the scale is heavy.

Its all mental. If you wanna make weight, you're gonna make weight.

during ur "fast" drink psyllium husk powder like no tomorrow.. that'll clean out ur intestinal tract like nothing else :wink: drink lots of water with it and shit as much as u can.. then when u can't shit anymre it's time to get in the sauna :D

hey guys thanks alot for the input.... usually after weight ins ill eat a half bagel with peanut butter and honey on it.... what do u guys take in before the fight after cutting down weight?

12 pounds in three days isn't a problem. I'd say 20 pounds in two days is relatively easy with a rubber suit, a treadmill and a sauna. You'll feel like shit after, but you can eat before the fight.

Is the weigh-in the same day or the day before the actual event?

bglax7 said:
hey guys thanks alot for the input.... usually after weight ins ill eat a half bagel with peanut butter and honey on it.... what do u guys take in before the fight after cutting down weight?
I'd just say take it easy on the protein. Protein takes a lot to digest and you dont want your body to be wasting energy processing it while you're in the middle of a fight.

Move to heavyweight.

It's better up here.

You'll be fine.
Sweat and drink greens and drink some whey.
Don't eat alot.

I hope you're in shape or none of this will help.

But BRAVO for taking a fight on short notice.

Where and who are you fighting.
What style will you employ.
Whoever it is, FUCK him up.

Chad Hamilton said:
I'm afraid to.
That's hilarious, Chad, because I'm afraid of cutting.

Back