Need some help losing weight

Dann1983420

White Belt
Reaction score
Height: 5'11 3/4
Current Weight 283

Long story short i have OCD, It started at age 17 when i was a regular skinny dude:p anyways due to meds i bloated to whale size 380lbs. I was that weight until about 4 months ago. My meds are diff now and dont cause weight gain.

About 4 months ago i went on a low carb diet in that time i went from 380 to my current weight of 283. Anyways i got tired of this diet and stopped at that point i gained 10 pounds(273 too 283). I have been in ketoisis induction for that past week and a half but am already starting to fall off the wagon.. though i havent blown my induction yet. My question is what kinda work out would u guys recommend for me. I'd like to keep my size somewhat but with a more toned look. In other words i dont wanna be "small looking" if that makes sense. Also maybe provide with an alternate better diet program. Thank in advance.

First off, congrats on the weight loss.

Now, I'd suggest checking out the Faq and hitting up rosstraining.com

And at 5'11" I'd suggest losing body mass, your body isn't large enough to hold 280 lbs at this height (unless you are some freak of nature like Brock Lesnar is at 6'2" 280lbs)

Edit : this is also the nutrition section, I'd suggest going to the conditioning and S&P sections.

do a 5x5(find this in the s and p faq's)and on the rest days do interval training. its important you dont just do cardio like a lot of people trying to slim down, weight training is just as important in weight loss. the more lean muscle your body has the more calories it uses and burns. weight training also increases your ****bolism for a significant period of time. eat 5-7 meals a day

I would start by doing a lot of Cardio at the beginning of your day. What I do really seems to burn fat. find your max HR. 220 - your age. take 80% of that. (Mine is about 168) I run on a treadmill for 10 minutes fast to get my HR up. I do 10 more minutes at a 5% incline at a 5% speed (HR stays about 140) then I jog 10 more minutes (HR 155) That spikes your ****bolism by getting your heart rate up during the first part of your cardio and burns more fat than muscle. I hope this helps! Good luck and Good Job!

One thing I wonder about a lot is whether athletes that eat a low carbohydrate diet tend to eat high fat (high fat/moderate protein/low carb) or high protein (low fat/high protein/low carb) or both (high fat/high protein/minimal carb)

First off, congrats on the weight loss.

Now, I'd suggest checking out the Faq and hitting up rosstraining.com

And at 5'11" I'd suggest losing body mass, your body isn't large enough to hold 280 lbs at this height (unless you are some freak of nature like Brock Lesnar is at 6'2" 280lbs)

Edit : this is also the nutrition section, I'd suggest going to the conditioning and S&P sections.

Thanks man, i was surprised i was able to do it while smoking alot of pot everyday. I've decided to quit and havent smoked for 2 weeks. I'm cranky as hell but today i decided to use that anger to exercise. I hopped on the treadmill at 1.5 incline 4.0 speed and ran for 40 minutes.. first time in a long time. Makes me wonder how much weight i would have lost during the 4 months, if i wasn't baked all day and woulda had the energy to do that shit everyday. Thanks for info those stickys are packed with info

do a 5x5(find this in the s and p faq's)and on the rest days do interval training. its important you dont just do cardio like a lot of people trying to slim down, weight training is just as important in weight loss. the more lean muscle your body has the more calories it uses and burns. weight training also increases your ****bolism for a significant period of time. eat 5-7 meals a day

thanks tomorrow ill be starting a serious work out routine. Gonna check the sticky to see what exactly 5x5 is :p

Thanks man, i was surprised i was able to do it while smoking alot of pot everyday. I've decided to quit and havent smoked for 2 weeks. I'm cranky as hell but today i decided to use that anger to exercise. I hopped on the treadmill at 1.5 incline 4.0 speed and ran for 40 minutes.. first time in a long time. Makes me wonder how much weight i would have lost during the 4 months, if i wasn't baked all day and woulda had the energy to do that shit everyday. Thanks for info those stickys are packed with info

If you're going to smoke, keep that shit for after your workout. It helps to relax your body. :icon_chee

Thanks man that site is packed with info, a little hard to make sense of it all but ill give it a try.

When u talk investment is there a particular thing i should be ordering off that site?

I think most people of knowledge in the con/sp forums own atleast one of his two books. :icon_chee

I own both.

Great investment.

if you have access to weight equipment get infinite intensity, and if you don't have access to weights and equipment, get never gymless. both incredible investments.

if you're looking to get into weight training for strength, maybe check out starting strength by rippetoe.. not many books out there that cover basics better than his.

I think most people of knowledge in the con/sp forums own atleast one of his two books. :icon_chee

I own both.

Great investment.

My sentiments exactly. I ordered Infinite Intensity first, and I recently ordered Never Gymless & Full Throttle Conditioning. Any more books that he puts out in the future I intend to purchase too. Can't give enough praise to the quality of his info.

Back