Need reading suggestions

Tentacle

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I will spend a week up in the mountains for Christmas with boring ass relatives so I need a couple of books to make time pass faster. Any suggestions?

40445.jpg

11-22-63.jpg

So much better than that TV show that they made after it.

Unless we aren't talking about the same thing, I can't tell if that's a serious response.

I'm talking about the book "11/22/63" and the TV show based on it.

Last Exit To Brooklyn by Hubert Selby.. Naked Lunch by Burroughs.. Dispatches by Michael Herr.. White Trash by Nancy Isenberg.

I'm talking about the book "11/22/63" and the TV show based on it.
Ah, I thought you meant just the Kennedy assassination. There have been many. I haven't seen the Stephen King version.

Just finished a philosophical science fiction book called "The Thing Itself" by Adam Roberts. Takes in AI, the Fermi paradox, time travel and Immanuel Kant. Is a lot more fun than it sounds I promise you. Good book.

more of a philosophy man myself. dont enjoy fiction much these days

Jung
alexander solzhenitsyn
soren kierkegaard

Ocean_at_the_End_of_the_Lane_US_Cover.jpg

Best "newish" book I have read...however if it sucks you in like it did with me, it will only take a day or two to finish.

upload_2016-12-20_10-57-59.png
Completely out there, but makes sense in a weird way. It will certainly grab you. If you like whacky SF, of course.

Team of Rivals by Doris Goodwin.

It's about Lincoln getting elected Prez and filling his Cabinet with men that lost to him in the general election or nomination for the Republican Party.
Something I wish Trump would so, but he's a fucking idiot.
0743539133.jpg

Back