Need INSPIRATION? **BEST HIGHLIGHT REEL EVER***

antagony**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've shown this to non-MMA lovers that think this is amazing.

Best FIGHTER from Pride p4p

And still... the BEST HIGHLIGHT Reel I've EVER SEEN:

I'm thinking more like "the best nostalgia of pride" montage. Haven't watched the whole thing yet but when it opens to sakuraba eating and heading to the ring in a mask, I'm not feeling "Best mma montage"

i'll edit with more thoughts when I finish

Edit: It is powerful. I appreciate the format of starting with his bad losses and THEN showing his great triumphs; and separating them into his good striking moments, then his good subs. I liked that.

It was good. I can see what you like about it. It's also a frightening reminder of how many monsters sakuraba fought in his career:
-rampage
-randleman
-Arona
-Wanderlei Silva (3X!!!!!!)
-Vitor Belfort
-Carlos Newton
-Guy Mezger

and the craziest part of that is many of those big fights were wins! He beat Rampage. He beat Randleman. He beat VITOR and he beat Newton. (and Mezger)

the main negative thing, I'd mention is: dat striking... omg dat striking, that's like.... one day if someone made a "look how far we've come" video about MMA striking, the parts where sakuraba was doing well on the feet would be the starting point of the video....I wouldn't even call them wild hooks like Wand..it's more like he's just sort of flailing his arms in a looping fashion. It hurts me to watch. (btw, as of this day, I'd end the "how far we've come" video on...well obviously anderson would be near the end, but actually I'd probably end it on rory/bj--even though it's less fantastic than anderson, it just shows a fighter doing amazing technique)

also, I don't mean to hate, but one of these days I think we're going to look back and instead of being like "wow wanderlei silva was sooo good" instead it's going to be like "Wow... just look how bad everyone was back then lol"

sorry, I know that's disrespectful but come on.. wand and saku were basically just wild brawling and Wand actually got dropped by Sakuraba... the man people said was the LHW GOAT, dropped by Sakuraba. Come on man... I guess I had blocked that out of my mind and just remembered the finishes.

Last edited:

I'm gonna watch your little video here but don't you come up in here spouting about best highlight ever made unless you be posting Why We Love MMA by Logangee ya dig, sucka?

I'm thinking more like "the best nostalgia of pride" montage. Haven't watched the whole thing yet but when it opens to sakuraba eating and heading to the ring in a mask, I'm not feeling "Best mma montage"

i'll edit with more thoughts when I finish

Please do, it's an epic video but worth it.

OP

Video was badass and ya gotta love Saku... But this is NOTHING in comparison to logangee's Why We Love MMA

War Saku! Not the best HL ever though. But a good one of Saku.

All in all it told the story of a great career. I liked it a lot, I did throw a lot of stuff into my edit, including some negatives

but even though I go off on a tangent in the negative part, really I thought the video was great from a filmmaking point of view. I'd like to see more like it

Wow. Great.
Sakuraba was one of the best of his time. National hero and symbol. Creative. The best showman of MMA. And won fights by just being smarter than everyone else. And a really cool, humble dude.

as soon as i can find my "Diamond" Dave Kaplan vid i will post it

Great video. I've seen it before. Saku is a legend, amazing grappler and has monster heart.

Honourable mentions:

Just about Shogun, but it is still awesome.

This one is a little different, I still dig it.

Back