Need help with this Gym

I train MMA. I do Muay Thai, Combat Submission wrestling etc. Now, there is a gym called Warrior's cove near me. they claim to be a Rickson Gracie representative. My question is, is this a legit Jits club? or is it like a McDojo? Warrior's Cove Martial Arts Centers in Minnesota - Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shinbudo, Judo, Karate, Fitness, Minnesota Fitness, Minnesota Martial Arts

According to Rickson's site, they are an official representative:

Rickson Gracie International Jiu-Jitsu Association

I guess my real question is. Would this school give me a respected Black Belt if I were to achieve it? Or would be just average.

If he is a legit Rickson brown belt, then I would definitely say go train there. A lot of times there is not a real difference between a brown and a black belt. A lot of browns are black belt level skill-wise, but are still brown either because they haven't competed much, their instructor has higher standards, etc.

Go visit and take a free lesson. It should be readily apparent whether it's a good gym and whether the instructor is legit, if you have previous BJJ experience.

If he is a legit Rickson brown belt, then I would definitely say go train there. A lot of times there is not a real difference between a brown and a black belt. A lot of browns are black belt level skill-wise, but are still brown either because they haven't competed much, their instructor has higher standards, etc.

Go visit and take a free lesson. It should be readily apparent whether it's a good gym and whether the instructor is legit, if you have previous BJJ experience.

Or sometimes they're black belt level skill-wise and their team/school need them to compete at brown belt level. Lame, but I know some guys like that.

I guess my real question is. Would this school give me a respected Black Belt if I were to achieve it? Or would be just average.
Your skills on the mat are what's going to give you a "respected black belt", not your instructor's name. If you train under someone nobody has heard of but you can mop the floor with your competition, you will be respected.

If he's a legit Rickson brown, which he seems to be, you would benefit greatly from training with him unless you're super top notch in grappling yourself.

They don't give out BJJ rank. hey may be under Rickson, but ask if ANY of the students have ever met him. We have at least 2-3 of their students come to our gym every month. It is easy to fall for the sales pitch in the beginning if you have never trained.

"Shinbudo" is not BJJ. No matter what they try to tell you.

If you are interested in jiu-jitsu and thai boxing find a real academy.

-=[ Minnesota Martial Arts Academy - MMA, Mixed Martial Arts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Combat Submission Wrestling, Muay Thai, Kali, Jeet Kune Do ]=-

Revolution Defense and Fitness

Back