Need help with my FIFA 14 Ultimate Team

SingerAuto

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Okay guys, I know its last year's team, but my team has seemed to hit his peak. I am not going to spend real money, so its really hard to get the upper echelon players. I need to find some good value players to help my team get better.

Here is my starting XI, with a few key subs:

GK-Vincent Di Gea
(Backup-Courtious)

LB-Ashley Cole
CB-Mats Hummels
CB-Nemanja Vidic
RB-Pablo Zabelta

CDM-Steven Gerrard (I know not a defensive midfielder per se, but his skills help me)
CDM-Arutro Vidal

CAM-Santi Cazorla
CAM-Marek Hamsik

ST-Mario Ballotelli
ST-Daniel Sturridge

On my bench, I have
ST-Edsen Cavani
ST-Mario Gomez
ST-Llorente
RM-Thomas Muller
CM-Alberto Costa
CDM-Xavi Alonso
CDM-Sergio Busquets
CDM-Sami Khedira
CB-Jerome Boateng
CB-Javier Mascherano
CB-Kolo Toure
GK-Thibault Courtious

The reason I start Sturridge instead of Gomez or Cavani is because of his speed. His shooting and passing arent that behind those guys, and he is much faster. Same with Balotelli.

Any suggestions?

Why will no one help me? Cmon guys, I know some of you play FIFA

Your bench is better than your starting 11, sans hummels
who is Vincent De Gea?

By the stats, they really are not.

I have no other R/LB's outside of Cole/Zabelta. David De Gae, the United GK? You have never heard of him? He is the highest rated GK on the game.

Cavani is one point better on his shot than Sturridge (80-79) while Sturridge's pace is almost 10 points higher. Gomez is so overrated, on stats alone he is far behind the starters. He is 86 overall compared to Balotelli and DS in the low 80s but both have better attributes.

The chemistry is good too, as ATT Cazoli, Gerrard, Cole, Vidic, Zabelta, Balotelli, Sturridge, and De Gae all play in the EPL.

My overall is 84 IIRC and chemistry is 86. The game isn't real life, or you would be right.

Mascherano is the only player who I would start, but I have Vidic with 50 contracts and Mascherano only 5.

Ahh I see, I put Vincent instead of David. My mistake.

Lol what is this fucking poverty?

You could start by scrapping that entire team and building a pacey 4-1-2-1-2 squad with 100 chem. Fifa 14 requires almost no skill. You just build the fastest team possible, run down the wing, and cross it in to take advantage of the broken OP headers. I had Ronaldo on the wing and crossed it in to record breaker Klose with the 99 heading lol.

Play Gomez or Cavani for an aireal threat, both good in the air, use pacy wingers to get wide and cross it, even better if u can get Mandzukic or Klose for better heading...Or even play Muller.

So switch from my 4-2-2-2 and go to more of an open set and play speedsters like Muller or Sturridge on the edges at RM/LM?

Just a suggestion, try 4-3-3 with sturridge and muller at each side of Cavani, get some crosses in.

Seriously see if you can get Mandzukic, unbelievable heading ability.

I dont understand the love affair with Cavani; sure he is 87 overall but my other strikers outplay him everywhere but shooting.

Speed isn't everything in the game, depends on your style of play I guess.

I just got Lahm for 12,000 credits with 25 contracts, I did pretty well. Now I have a solid German back right side with Gomez on the right side, Mueller at RM, Hummels at CB and Lahm at RB.

Im more of a guy that tries to use speed up front to outrun defenders and get into the box and create goals. I am decent on set pieces and lob passes, but I score more goals straight away with breaks in the defense.

Yeah I suppose if thats what you're good at you should stick to it.

Gomez right midfield???

No, i use Gomez as a striker on the right side with Muller at RM

He is 87 overall and has been AWESOME for me.

I can go to a German-centric team and have great chemistry, or mix and match and have a team that is 85 overall and with chemistry at 96.

My current XI:

(I am running a 3-4-3)

LW-Sturridge/Balotelli
ST-Cavani
RW-Gomez
RM-Mueller
CAM-Cazorla
CM-Vidal
LM-Gerrard
LB-Ashley Cole
CB-Jerome Boateng
CB-Mats Hummels
RB-Phillip Lahm

GK-De Gae, his chemistry is better with Cole as both play in England.

fifa 14?? dude just make a shit pacey sweaty bpl squad. do what byron said. lather rinse repeat

Imo you should go for

Lw sturridge
St cavani/gomez
Rw balotelli

And please get Gerrard in the centre lol

Back