1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Need help with me next gi decision

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Shermann, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Shermann

Shermann Yellow Belt

Im trying to decide between the atama mundial 9 a-1 or the gameness pearl a-1 gi. i know that the atama is a better overall gi but is it worth the extra 60 dollars for it. im about 5'4 140. i have a keiko a-1 now and its a tiny bit bigger than my preference. Im thinking these two would be more a more smug fit. what do u think

2. stile0

stile0 Purple Belt

Fushida Komodo. Best gi i've ever worn.

3. nykayfabe

nykayfabe Green Belt

I'm not a fan of the Pearl's cut and I think Atama skirts are kinda long for short dudes (I have an Atama I love but I got it really cheap and had the skirt altered). Sorry if this doesn't help much, but I'd probably go with something else, like the previous poster suggested. You can't ever go wrong with Fuji.

4. situation4life

situation4life Orange Belt

the mundial #9 might be too big for you. gameness pearl is a great gi, had mine for 2 years and it's still holding up fine, strong collar also.

5. Shermann

Shermann Yellow Belt

thanks. yea i was talkin to a guy at my gym who has a koral and loves he said it fits him tighter than most which is what im looking for. i just dont know if they run big or not for an a-1

6. tiger.shark

tiger.shark To the sharks!

To be honest, I recommend checking out American Stand-Ups new black gi's. It is cut similarly to my Mundial 9, but I like the jacket more than the Atama. Personally, I prefer rip-stop pants over other pants, but the ASU pants are still nice.

Or if you want one of the two you listed, get the Mundial 9! I love mine very much

7. nykayfabe

nykayfabe Green Belt

ASU makes a nice gi, but just be warned, it is a little on the heavy side. Should last a long time, though.