Need Help With Getting Started With Home Conditioning

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by babygetoboy, Mar 30, 2008.

1. babygetoboy

babygetoboy Yellow Belt

Hey everyone, I have decided to get back into shape and stop being a lazy loser. I want to get fit and get into shape, and then hopefully start with jiu-jitsu.

I don't have access to a gym, but I have strength bands, a few 25lb dumbells and an exercise bike. I was just wondering if someone ccould help me out with a starting workout that I can do to gain strength and conditioning and shed some fat so I can get ready to start training.

Thanks so much in advance.

2. JMun-ki

JMun-ki White Belt

Just around the corner with some duct tape and Jel
    rosstraining.com

3. SteveR

SteveR Orange Belt

Look around here and the site mentioned above. There's all kinds of stuff you can do with limited equipment. A sandbag might be up your alley, cheap to make and tons of exercises.

4. babygetoboy

babygetoboy Yellow Belt

Any links on how to make a sandbag and what exercises to do with it?

5. Vice

Vice Yellow Belt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa6azBKRsdI

Pretty versatile. There is a special bag you can buy that has grips and stuff on it. Or you can be hardcore and make your own.

I'm actually putting together a gym in my garage to do some supplemental training and decided to go the sandbag route rather than buy an olympic weight set. I got a few dumbells and a bench cheap off of craigslist. Got a big swiss ball too.

That's it. Pretty sparse equipment. But its all you really need if you know how to use it right. And I am in shape. No need to spend mega bucks on all kinds of equipment.

Check out Rosstraining.com or GymJones.com too. That, and youtube.

6. ronin0352

ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat