Need help with choosing between two multis

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by travtom, Sep 27, 2010.

1. travtom

travtom White Belt

Sherdoggers, I've been doing a lot of research on multi-vitamins for the past few days. I've narrowed it down to two bottles:

Garden of Life Living Multi Vitamin: Optimal Mens Formula

and

Source Naturals Life Force Multiple (No Iron)

So my question is, which one do you believe to be the best? Had any experiences with either of the products? Heard anything about them from someone else?

The help is much appreciated, thanks.

2. cheath

cheath Blue Belt

I've taken Life Force Multi. I have a bottle at home now for when my GNC Mega runs out. I can't tell any difference between the two to be honest. Maybe 10 years down the road my body will reap benefits of getting an intake of one vitamin or the other from a more digestible and soluble vitamin. But as for now, they seem equivalent.

3. travtom

travtom White Belt

Yeah, starting to feel like I've gotten to the point where it really doesn't matter.

4. Blackice

Blackice Orange Belt

What I do is look at the ingredients of some tell-tale vitamins & minerals to see what the quality of the multi is. I've never come across any vitamin yet that doesn't have b 12 as Cyanocobalamin but if you do, you might want to hang onto it. Magnesium, take any other version over the oxide, which is the cheapest form and the same with zinc, you're looking for citrates or chelates instead of oxides. If you can get all 3 of those things in a good form your multi is a decent one.

5. turbozed

turbozed Red Belt

They both appear to be premium multi brands and will both do the job. Get the cheaper one.

6. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Spot on dude.

FWIW, you might want to check out now ADAM. B12 is methylcobalamin, Magnesium and zinc are from ZMA so they're both chelated but there is a little bit of Mag Oxide in it. Still a good find and can be ordered locally through the following:

NOW ADAM

Buy NOW Foods ADAM Superior Men's Multiple Vitamin from Canada at Well.ca - Free Shipping

7. TSD-Bulldog

TSD-Bulldog BJJ Student

You will not feel the difference, go with the cheaper one.

8. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

multi's won't differ much imo between brands, go with the cheapest you can find. i personally use the target brand multi

9. mmafighter123

mmafighter123 White Belt

Both are good but same........ Get the cheaper one

10. xX~RUSH~Xx

xX~RUSH~Xx Green Belt

11. korleone1911

korleone1911 Blue Belt

man... all multis are not created the same and people can argue all day about what amount of this vs/ that and so forth, but what separated my multi (Double X) from the rest was the amount of phytonutrients (the vegetation minus the moisture and fiber). you can see these on the other side of the label and compare. I want my body to have the most familiar thing, closest to food, it can get.

12. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Canadian pricing FTL.

13. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

they might not all be created equal, but if you wanted the highest quality multi that provided the best ingredients (chelated, etc) then the cost probably wouldn't justify the results/benefits that it provides

14. xX~RUSH~Xx

xX~RUSH~Xx Green Belt

I live in canada to and get mine for a hell of alot cheaper haha. Try bodybuilding.com man. The shipping sucks but if you buy in bulk its way cheaper.

15. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Will do.