1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

need help with body toning

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by woohooguy, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woohooguy

woohooguy Yellow Belt

Hi,

first of all, I am Javanese. it is a sub-Asian-ethnicity, predominantly living in Indonesia (comprises 40% of the population). my dad did kyokushin, some boxing and jiujitsu. He in his late 50s now still consistently train. Yet he mentioned that never had pecks or the body tones.

I myself have been doing taekwondo for a decade, kickboxing for 4 years and some submission wrestling. I can do 50 push ups each rep and other exercises like a pro. my cardio is top notch, I spar aggressively.I am not a fighter nor have any intention in fighting but MMA and kickboxing is the only true sport I enjoy. but i consistently do my exercises twice a day plus 2 kickboxing training per week.

My question is that I seem to have the same problem as my dad's. I have better conditioning and strength than my kickboxing-mates of the same size but they look much more muscular.
    I weigh at around 187 lbs and standing at 5'7". my belly looks very annoying even though I am good at sit ups. my cousin told me that I am the definition of look can be deceiving. is this genetics?

2. paolo27th

paolo27th Black Belt

Troll/delete.

3. Darwinist

Darwinist Super Simian

Probably. How much do you eat per day? With the amount of exercise you are doing, you could try really upping your fat and protein intake, supplement your combat sports with a few sessions of low-rep weightlifting(many really good programs in the FAQ) and see what happens.

Also, plenty of sleep is required for building muscle. Get your 8 hours a day in if at all possible.

4. miaou

miaou barely keeping it together

Your question is about looks. This forum is about performance.

Visit the Bodybuilding.com forums. They will help you.

EDIT: you probably have AIDS though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.