Need help want to lose a lot of weight in 1.5 months, need advice

maddog00

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ok i have a big build and i am currently 5'10" 225 - 230 pounds. My graduation is coming up and i am having a huge party and i want to have my old athletic body back. I know im starting late but college and beer killed me.

How can i lose some weight fast? Any tips (No ATkins diets i am trying to keep the weight off)

I currently go to the gym almost everyday but i only do the ellipitcal machine for 45mins or spin class for 60min. No weights cause i hate them but i know i need them.

My diet is ok, i am hooked on white rice but have been cutting that down big time.

So is there any supplements to help? Any weights i should be doing? Foods i need to cut out like pasta, rice, stuffed salmon etc...? Any routines i should follow?

I know its probably an answer of eat less calories and work out more but i just dont seem to be losing weight like i should.

thanks

If you eat clean, cut calories, and work out properly... but you find that doesn't work for you and you are still 5'10'' at 220+lbs then I would learn to live with it because it sounds like a genetic problem... However, I highly doubt this is the case. You say you have cut calories and that you work out. Well if you don't do any weight training then this will be a hard goal to accomplish so what are you doing in terms of lifting ATM? Also, can you post an example day of your diet? Overall, more detail is necessary in order to answer any of your questions.

Treadmill.jpg

make it your friend.

Maybe you could benefit from a good cleansing diet to reset some of your internals. I've done the Burroughs "Lemonade Diet" before - basically a 10 day fast - with good success. You can google it and see if it may be right for you. Also, training wise, you may want to consider HIIT - high intensity interval training. It's hard as hell but quick and effective.

wtf... a 10 day fast? Forget that trash... just worry about getting your diet in check... and train properly. If you don't know how to train properly, read the FAQ in the S&P forum.

cut empty carbs (beer, white bread, rice, etc)
lift high intensity then run for like 30 minutes afterwards.
if you are hungry eat veggies and fruit.
there is no limit to how much veggies and fruit you are allowed to eat.

I am going to say that there is a limit to fruit intake...

eca stack FTW!
seriously tho dont buy any of that hydrycut bullshit get some good ol fashioned ephedrine, dont eat after 6 pm. only eat carbs after a workout and in the morning. eat lean protein and vegetables at every feeding opportunity and dont be afraid of healthy fats

Yeah agreed. I was eating too much fruit and when I cut it down, I lost about five pounds. Beware the pineapple...it's the devils fruit lol

Aww man i love pineapple. Thats my favorite... Thanks for the advice but where do u even get ephedra these days.

Yea its probably my diet. So how important is it to add weights?

If you're doing an hour of cardio almost every day, I don't see how you could possibly weigh so much. Your diet must need some serious work. Give us an idea of what you generally eat, how much, and when during the day.

Weights will help, but unlike some people here I will tell you they're not absolutely necessary. Still, if you want to look "athletic" it's pretty hard to do so without ever lifting weights. Doing some weights before or after your cardio (I prefer after), even for just 20 to 30 minutes, will help the fat burn off much more easily.

That said, you need to cut back on beer for sure, it's a killer. Limit your drinking to 1 or 2 nights a week, stick with light beer, and don't go overboard.

lift heavy and cardio

oh yea and dont eat garbage

cut empty carbs (beer, white bread, rice, etc)
lift high intensity then run for like 30 minutes afterwards.
if you are hungry eat veggies and fruit.
there is no limit to how much veggies and fruit you are allowed to eat.

Do you mean white rice or brown rice? I eat brown rice with my dinner. Is brown rice bad??

Eat whatever you want, whenever you want. Just tell yourself mentally "I will not get fat." :D Light dinners are a great way to cut back. Have a good sized lunch and a snack in between. If you can handle it, have a protein shake for dinner every other night. Let that be your dinner and on the next night low fat popcorn and veggies. Popcorn helps me feel full quicker than other foods.

1000 calories a day
1 hour cardio in the morning
1 hour cardio at night
30 min circuit weight training

If you're doing an hour of cardio almost every day, I don't see how you could possibly weigh so much. Your diet must need some serious work. Give us an idea of what you generally eat, how much, and when during the day.

QUOTE]

i just started when i wrote this post and yes i used to be a mad alcoholic with a shitty diet. I weigh so much cause i do have decent size muscles since i played sports all my life year round. When i weigh 195 i look very skinny, just to give u an idea. I just got way out of hand in college. In a month and half i have currently lost almost 15 pounds. While this is good i wanted to lose more.

Im trying to lose it the right way but I still have some work to do.

The fact you asked about suppliments before giving your training 100% efforts leads me to believe you want an easy way out.

I'm a huge advocate of the all or nothing approach. Given the time period you are working with, I think it WOULD be appropriate for you to abstain from ALL unhealthy foods and lifestyle habits.

Gradual changes yield gradual results, and no suppliment in the world is going to change that.

Back