need help to get ready for wrestiling

nevets91

White Belt
Reaction score
i have wrestled since i was in middle school and am going into my senior year this fall but took the last two years off due to the fact that i broke bones on different occasions in the same season
now i am about 5'11" and 200 pounds and i work out daily and have a little extra fat to loose but i am sorta muscular nothin like some of yall out there
i would like to be down to about 185 and be in exelent shape by the fall and have the smallest amount of body fat i can have and make the rest of the weight with muscle.
i was wonderin if yall can give me some tips to get down to this weight and be the strongest i can possibly be. tell me anything yall know including any kinda dieting, suppliments i should take and what kinda workout routine should i use to get to the shape i would like to be?

come on no takers at all
any kinda info will be great
i just dont wanna do it the wrong way
tell me what any of yall think

If you want to drop weight relatively quickly, a low carb/high protein diet will help drop pounds and you could easily be 185 within a month or two. The problem is most people can't maintain the weight loss if they choose to go off the diet.

In your case, saying that you want to be in shape by the fall, I'd shoot for very moderate, slow, and steady weight loss. 3-4 lbs. a month until you've reached ideal weight. Cut out the junk foods and sweets, increase your protein intake, and don't buy into anything sold by muscletech...thats my diet advice.

As a personal piece of advice, I'd say focus on your cardio more than strength training, as gassing will make a strong man weak very quickly.

Be sure to work your mat strength as well...get out there and roll...I've always felt the best way to prep for a sport was to do the sport...you'll get amazing workouts just practicing your technique, particularly if you haven't trained it in years.

Oh, and lastly...everything you need to condition can be found at an average high school track...a track to run, a place to do pushups, grass for situps/crunches/leg lifts, and a pull up bar.

Best of luck

ok thanks
um what would be a good example for some high protein low carb foods
i know i eat extremely unhealthy so its gonna take some gettin used to but im not to good at knowin whats what when it comes to dietin so some examples for meals would be a lot of help of you wouldnt mind thinkin of some

Read the stickies,do a search,post what you are doing now. Then we help.

Back