need help stiffy

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by The_wriggler, Jan 25, 2006.

1. The_wriggler

The_wriggler Guest

ive looked around the forums and theirs a lot of posts on strength conditioning etc but there seems to be none on flexibility what type of flexibility routine do you use? how often? what are your disciplines and how important do you think it actually is for performance/injury prevention?

2. Grady

Grady Blue Belt

Well, Beavis, I just stretch a lot before working out. Seems to help.

3. dogmai

dogmai Orange Belt

I am an advocate for flexibility. All my stretches I hold for at least 30 seconds, I shoot for one minute. I always do a light warm up before stretching. I really believe in being limber because I hate the feeling of not. I feel less quick and even like the blood doesn't flow as well.

I stretch every day and practice Yoga regularly. If you are serious about do anything physical you should be serious about stretching.

4. Evil Eye Gouger

Evil Eye Gouger Gold Belt

5. Girljock

Girljock Guest

yoga if it's not too whimpy for you

6. Sinister

Sinister Doctor of Doom Staff Member Senior Moderator

Or if you think you're all hardcore about stretching, you can do some Wu Shu Jibengong stuff. It's probably mentioned by me in one of those threads EEG posted, them people are SICK weith stretches.