Need help losing a solid @10lbs over the next 3 weeks. Is this possible? BJJ Tourney.

SergTech

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi folks, first post in this sub-forum.

I'm needing some proven guidance in losing some weight prior to my first BJJ tourny on Feb 4th. (Carlos Machado-2006 Winter Wars). I am trying to make the 202 weight class and I am currently @210-212lbs. I am eating much better and training 5 days a week. The only cardio I have done is BJJ mat time. I am eating 4 times a day on a modified "South Beach" phase 3 diet plan. Wondering if i should try out the "South Beach" first 2 week regimin where you go in to a semi-ketosis state. The only problem i have is thats people tend to feel sick and week near the end of that 2 week cycle. And thats the last thing i want going in to a tournament. Another thing I dont want to do is "cut weight" the old fasioned way. You know, the last few nights before the fight. Because we will be weighed the moment right before the matches. So I'd be going in to the match completely dehydrated.

Can anyone give me a clear guideline to lose a solid, not water, 10 to 12 lbs in 3 weeks?

Also, can this be done with out getting too weak and losing muscle in the process? Thank you for any advice.

IMO losing water weight would be more beneficial, and a whole lot easier.

You can try to cut a few lbs, but you don't say your Fat% or anything else above.. so we dunno what you should lose

SergTech said:
Hi folks, first post in this sub-forum.

I'm needing some proven guidance in losing some weight prior to my first BJJ tourny on Feb 4th. (Carlos Machado-2006 Winter Wars). I am trying to make the 202 weight class and I am currently @110-112ibs. I am eating much better and training 5 days a week. The only cardio I have done is BJJ mat time. I am eating 4 times a day on a modified south beach phase 3 diet plan. Wondering if i should try out the SB first 2 week regimin where you go in to a semi-ketosis state. The only problem i have is thats people tend to feel sick and week near the end of that 2 week cycle. And thats the last thing i want going in to a tournament. Another thing I dont want to do is "cut weight" the old fasioned way. You know, the last few nights before the fight. Because we will be weighed the moment right before the matches. So I'd be going in to the match completely dehydrated.

Can anyone give me a clear guideline to lose a solid, not water, 10 to 12 lbs in 3 weeks?

Also, can this be done with out getting too weak and losing muscle in the process? Thank you for any advice.

110-112lbs? are you a dwarf?

kuroMaguro said:
110-112lbs? are you a dwarf?

Sorry guys. I meant 210-212lbs. I am a mesomorph at 5'9", and could lose about 20 or so lbs of fat as it stands now. I have always been very hypertrophic when it comes to muscle building and there fore very solid. I only need to lose @10 to 12 lbs in 3 weeks.

I dont want to lose water weight only becuase that will simply be detrimental right before a BJJ match.

Back