Need help have fight at 185 and I weigh 225lbs

KillerElite

Carlos Condit knees people in the face
@Black
Reaction score
I have cut before to middleweight but not often because I feel like garbage. I am taking this fight because I will get a nice amount of money for it. I want to feel healthy and not like garbage.

Typically make a similar cut to you, 210-220ish going down to 190.

When is your fight?

Losing 40lbs in a month is likely to have you feeling like garbage but it can be done with fat loss leading up to a huge water cut the few days before weigh ins. Good luck.

You're going to feel like shit losing that much weight regardless of the method. So, expect that to happen.

Depends how much fat you have i went from 225 to 173 before passing out within 6 weeks before passed out on scale when i saw i was 173 and not 171 lol woke up with blood all over my head cause i fell and busted my head naked too quite embarising which is why i wont take a fight like that again unless im within 30 pounds of my weight and have at least 6 weeks.

You're going to feel like shit losing that much weight regardless of the method. So, expect that to happen.

This, and i can never understand how guys are willing to take on fights when their weight is ballooned up like that. Now, i can drop 15 in a week ish of fat/water, it doesn't impede my performance too much but i don't like it at all and prefer to hover 7lbs above my BJJ comp weight. Next time, try hovering around 210 if you plan on being a middleweight, no need to "Rumble" yourself. Good luck with it, and it can be done, IIRC Bobby Southworth cut 26lb in 18hrs on TUF, and won with a decent KO.

Have you not been training lol.

How did you balloon that much.

You are going to drop a shit ton of weight just training. Assuming 5 or 6 times a week 2+ hours a day.

Get your diet intact, start training, and gauge where you are a week out.

It will be a impossible cut... If you cut 10 pounds the last 24 hrs, you will have to reach a walk around weight of 195. Getting rid of 30 pounds in 20 days is almost impossible. You have to be in a calorie deficit equivalent of loosing 1,5 pound each day. This means that you have to have to diet/train away over 5000 (3500kcal*1,5) kalories a day.

Get a bonesaw or find someone with a time machine.

This, and i can never understand how guys are willing to take on fights when their weight is ballooned up like that. Now, i can drop 15 in a week ish of fat/water, it doesn't impede my performance too much but i don't like it at all and prefer to hover 7lbs above my BJJ comp weight. Next time, try hovering around 210 if you plan on being a middleweight, no need to "Rumble" yourself. Good luck with it, and it can be done, IIRC Bobby Southworth cut 26lb in 18hrs on TUF, and won with a decent KO.

I competed at 185 but 205 is my home.

Have you not been training lol.

How did you balloon that much.

You are going to drop a shit ton of weight just training. Assuming 5 or 6 times a week 2+ hours a day.

Get your diet intact, start training, and gauge where you are a week out.

Actually this is what I walk around everyday. Right now I am down to 215. I compete at 205 mostly but I have fought 185 twice. Too much money to turn it down.

It's not impossible but will be tough and, to be honest, dangerous. I'm guessing it's a night before weigh in (otherwise don't even try).

But you need to follow an incredibly strict diet, with enough macros to sustain you and your training but low enough calories that you will burn some fat. You can lose 5-10 lbs of weight in the first 3 weeks, then go ultra strict no -carbs the last week, water load, and drop 15-20.

This is a decent general guide, but I'd enlist someone to help you manage it all: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

I would water load more than just one day though. 2-3 days then start cutting back to a gallon then less. Lots of different methods. Research here and online.

Good luck.

Think you bit off more than you can chew friend.

Last edited:
Back