Need help for a friends back problem

adren@line

Creator Sustainer Destroyer
Reaction score
One of my friends is in a pretty big metal band. Hes a guitar player, and they tour ALOT, all ovet the country.

He has pretty bad back problems. He either has a slipped disc or something in his spine is crooked. its gotten so bad that some shows he has to sit down.

The fact that he is always on tour doesnt help the situation.

What can he do?
He has a back brace that he wears sometimes but I dont know if that will offer any sort of solution (other than surgery, ofcourse).

Will yoga help?
Deadlifting? (he used to play football and was a wrestler in high school).

any kind of medicine?

This is a forbidden thread. You're buddy should go see a doctor first!

he is.

but i want to see if there is any extra info I can get.

sliped disc and spine problems are beyond workout repiar.

he need surgery.

yomon said:

he need surgery.

This is why you shouldn't ask questions like this, you get ignorant answers. He has a guitar hanging from one shoulder for hours at a time and his body has compensated for it. He has an imbalance that can only be corrected through physical therapy. Jimmy Page has chronic back problems because he plays Les Pauls which weigh a ton. I've been playing for about 8 years and I my back got so bad a year ago that I stopped playing. I finally went to a Physical Therapist and I can play again. PT is hard work, but if he wants to get better, it is his best option. Surgery is a last ditch effort because there's a possibility that it will make the pain worse. My advice, have your friend get a referal for Physical Therapy ASAP. When he gets better, buy him a yoga book. Flea and John Fruciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers) swear by it. I think Kirk Hammet is into it also.

yomon said:

he need surgery.
This guy is completly wrong. I have a bulged disk in between L4 and 5. Did it back in June of 1997. Was laid up in bed for 3 months straight. Anyways I got hooked up with the right doctors and avoided surgery. Just 3 months ago I started a lifting routine and this very day I am pain free for the first time sence then. I am sure I am a rare case and still see my Surgen every three months and he can not believe it. I get an MRI every year casue the pain was pretty bad. Anyways He really needs to see a good doctor first.

He better go through some therapy first before anything else

sucks when you're back goes for no good fuckin reason,

i really want to know what metal band he plays in

Back