Need advice: Considering buying Mike Dolce Protein Powder

AandStill

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mike Dolce states on the Onnit website that he designed this protein. He sells the 31 oz (1.9 lb) for $62.95
+ minimum ~$5 shipping in the U.S.
https://www.onnit.com/dolce-whey/

Yet i find the exact same ~2lb "whey protein isolate micro filtered from grass fed cows with Stevia" under different labels, and for much less: Bodylogix $35.99, BlueBonnet $40.57, Pro-Energy $44.99
http://www.google.com/search?q=whey...hVLPo8KHf0KDBkQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601#spd=0

Am I missing something here or is Mike Dolce simply a Charlatan?

UNaH3bD.jpg

Aren't they all charlatans? I don't recall any protein powder's going through the FDA before going to the public. No one actually posts the true content of their protein powder. Always go to the user reviews and see if it's worth your time before purchasing.

Go to ebay and get the cheapest whey protein you can buy.
Don't fall for the marketing gimmicks... I used to waste tons of money because of this.
Don't make the same mistake I did.

Now, if you want to put on muscle naturally, spend that money on quality protein from solid food, such as chicken, beef, eggs, low fat cottage cheese, etc.

Protein from solid food >>> protein from a bottle.

If you want to take it to another level, get on Testosterone.

The only way to put on muscle mass to get that beach body is by eating right, working hard, AND taking Testosterone.

Going natural will NEVER get you these kinds of bodies.
If you're afraid of taking hormones, then forget about getting these kinds of results, because you're wasting your time.

l.jpg
393339_218605184886854_211073615640011_500171_994378121_n.jpg
2cen7s8.jpg
b6729550d8951335d8a5a0f62ced4870.jpg

NQOzv4y.jpg

First of all it's "advice" NOT "advise". Second, I cannot believe how many people still consume this crap. You don't need some processed whey to build muscle peeps. Two raw eggs in any smoothie is light years ahead in protein quality than processed whey. Save your money, skip the whey and stick to raw eggs. And no, you won't get salmonella from raw eggs unless they're WAY passed their expiry date. Over decade now making smoothies with raw eggs and I've never felt better. Every vitamin known to man (except C) is inside an egg...one of the most perfect foods.

Last edited:
Don't fall for the marketing gimmicks... I used to waste tons of money because of this.

Now, if you want to put on muscle naturally, spend that money on quality protein from solid food, such as chicken, beef, eggs, low fat cottage cheese, etc.

The only way to put on muscle mass to get that beach body is by eating right, working hard, AND taking Testosterone.

If you're afraid of taking hormones, then forget about getting these kinds of results, because you're wasting your time.

l.jpg
2cen7s8.jpg

NQOzv4y.jpg
homo

l.jpg
2cen7s8.jpg

NQOzv4y.jpg

3pGMhHt.gif

You can get a lean body and built muscle from a clean diet and propper training. But people is too lazy to go on that.
If you want an Arnold's competition body, like a huge one, then I can agree you must be juicing something up.
But a nice, lean body, yes TS can get it!

Now, about the protein. Yes, protein from solid food is the best way to eat your daily dose of protein, but for those in a high protein diet sometimes is hard to achieve the numbers, so, here it comes the protein powder help.

Mike Dolce states on the Onnit website that he designed this protein. He sells the 31 oz (1.9 lb) for $62.95

Yet i find the exact same ~2lb "whey protein isolate micro filtered from grass fed cows with Stevia" under different labels, and for much less: Bodylogix $35.99, BlueBonnet $40.57, Pro-Energy $44.99
http://www.google.com/search?q=whey...hVLPo8KHf0KDBkQ_AUIBygB&biw=962&bih=601#spd=0

TS: I think Dolce is one of those people that does exactly what others in his field are doing, but with more noise around him, and of course he is cashing his name.
I wouldn't buy that.
As you say you know you can find the exact same protein in other brands for a cheaper price, I guess you are not asking for suggestions.
But this is just marketing, is the same shit with everything, you pay for the brand these days.

For the love of god TS, do NOT buy Dolce's protein.

If you're truly interested in researching protein supplements, go here:
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Scroll down and you can sort through the "Highest Ranked" or the "Best Value" (i.e. highest ranked at the most reasonable price).

but whatever you do, do NOT buy crap from Dolce.

I like the idea of that site but it doesn't have every supp. It doesn't even have the ones i use :( QQ

First of all it's "advice" NOT "advise". Second, I cannot believe how many people still consume this crap. You don't need some processed whey to build muscle peeps. Two raw eggs in any smoothie is light years ahead in protein quality than processed whey. Save your money, skip the whey and stick to raw eggs. And no, you won't get salmonella from raw eggs unless they're WAY passed their expiry date. Over decade now making smoothies with raw eggs and I've never felt better. Every vitamin known to man (except C) is inside an egg...one of the most perfect foods.

...and if you're at work and can't make a smoothie? What if you're traveling for work? Keeping fresh eggs isn't exactly convenient. Protein supplements do have their place.

Aren't they all charlatans? I don't recall any protein powder's going through the FDA before going to the public. No one actually posts the true content of their protein powder. Always go to the user reviews and see if it's worth your time before purchasing.

Or see if they have a lawsuit against them for amino spiking

I don't even need to look a Foolce whey to tell you it is a waste of money. There isn't a whey protein on the market, at least not legally worth that price. Find something middle of the road. I have found you typically will be in the 9-11 dollars a pound price range for something that mixes well and doesn't make you feel like someone is standing on your stomach wanting to shit your brains out.

New Zealand Sourced....And The Fighter and the Kid said take it, so....<cheer>

1.9 pounds of protein powder would last me like... a week maybe 2. You know my standard for the amount of protein powder I'm getting for $50-$60? Bodybuilding.com has a semi-frequent sale on cellucor performence whey, great quality, great flavor. They do a buy one get one free on their 4 pound tubs of whey. So it's like... $62.50 in total with shipping for 8 pounds of pretty top quality protein powder. Or myprotein is a shop i'm trying out because they had this sick sale of like 77% off protein powder, so I'm getting a 5.5 pound bag of protein powder for $30 (with shipping)

Dolce doesn't know anything special. He's not a doctor, he's basically a bro scientist, I believe he's passed a certified nutritionist test (though you don't have to take any classes to be a certified nutritionist you literally just pass the test, it's not like he went to college and has a legit degree for it.

He's good, don't get me wrong. But he's so much about marketing and acting like he has some sort of secret knoweldge about nutrition for combat sports. He doesn't.

You honestly want to know who would figure out the best protein powder or best recipe for combat sports or... any sort of exercise? It's the companies like Cellucor, MusclePharm, BSN, etc that actually do hire PHD's and actual doctors to forumlate their stuff and figure out what works best. There's a very high chance dolce has zero input into the product and just slaps his name on it and charges $60 for 1.9 pounds of protein powder (Which fucking nothing)

It's actually kinda gross. To overcharge that much. For $60 you should be getting AT LEAST 5 pounds of protein powder.

Dolce's protein powder comes with snake oil, thats why its more expensive.

l.jpg
2cen7s8.jpg

What testosterone supplements would you recommend?

Back