Need advice about my eating.

WAREAGLE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here it is:
225lbs
5'9
Goal weight :185lbs

Breakfast: 1 Omega Egg, 6 egg whites, 4 oz. Turkey Sausage (2/3 less fat), 1handful Spinach, 1 slice Aged Cheddar Cheese, 1 cp Mixed Berries- 502 cal, 48 g Prot,23 g Carb, 22 g fat

Mid Morning: 1 cup cal. Countdown (low carb milk), 1/2 cp Low Fat Cottage, 1 tbsp Natural PB, 1 scoop 100% GNC Whey- 415 cal, 45 g prot, 18 g carb, 17g fat

Lunch: 6 oz Tyson chicken (grilled in a bag), 1 cup Bell peppers and Onion mix, 2 tbsp BBQ sauce, 1 slice Aged Cheddar, 1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 medium orange- 555cal, 45 g Prot, 23 g carb, 24 g fat

Afternoon ( PWO)- same shake as mid morning but 1/2 cp Oats added-565cal,50g Prot,45 g Carb, 20 g fat

Dinner- Depends usually 6-8 oz. Lean Beef, Chicken, or salmon with Green Beans and fruit

Before Bed- 1 scoop Whey with 1-2 cps. Cal. Countdown

Totals: 2800 cal, 245 g prot, 175 g carb, 125 g fat

Im not seeing much weight loss (maybe 1/2 to a lb every two weeks). I had planned to go to Naga at 175lbs. but I don't think Im gonna make it anywhere near that by May 10, Iv'e lost maybe 3 lbs in a month.

Any advice from the vets would be appreciated.

Thanks folks.

do you use any fat burners?

guys like GSP and Matt Hughes dehydrate themselves as well to make weight, which seems to me that is what you are trying to do for a NAGA tournament.

i dont know much about the process of dehydrating yourself by losing a bunch of water to make weight but that is what some wrestlers, MMA fighters, and BJJ to make weight sometimes do make weight.

Damn dude, your diet is very decent. I mean, there's a few tweaks that may be benificial, but they aren't going to change it enough to bring about a whole lot of loss. You sure you're following this EVERYday? I'm at a loss.

Only for sure thing that will work is to chop off about 300-500 calories, but at 5'9", you've got to be pretty fat so i can't believe you're not losing already.

I have a decent amount of muscle mass. No but I have been following it 90% of the time for the last 4 weeks and I've lost 3lbs. I might take it down to 2400 Cal. and see how that works.

I dunno, what are your cheats like? I just can't imagine you staying that big on this diet.

I think you just need to cut back on some of those meals...
in my mind, a 500+ calorie shake is not conducive to weight loss... much less several per day.
Try cutting out excess in the shakes, and in some of the meals, I'm seeing a number of places where you trim off calories.

fwiw, I'd personally drop 500-700 calories per day, which would amount to another pound or two off per week, keeping everything else the same.

I think you just need to cut back on some of those meals...
in my mind, a 500+ calorie shake is not conducive to weight loss... much less several per day.
Try cutting out excess in the shakes, and in some of the meals, I'm seeing a number of places where you trim off calories.

fwiw, I'd personally drop 500-700 calories per day, which would amount to another pound or two off per week, keeping everything else the same.

problem w/ cutting back so many calories w/ so much more to lose is that say he cuts back to 2100 per day and gets down to 200 in 6-8 weeks. Now his met abolism is going to slow to that rate and he'll be fucked, unless his body is cool w/ eating 1600-1800 cals a day which I doubt.

Cutting calories probably isn't the way to go. I'd say, #1, eliminate any cheating. It's not like this diet is starving yourself, you will have to stick to it 100% (or allow only equal substitutions) if you want to lose weight. #2, cut out a lot of that fat. You realize fat has twice the calories per gram as protein and carbs? So you're actually getting a higher percentage of your calories from fat than from anywhere else. Stick to protein and more low GI carbs (your protein intake is adequate already, so more the carbs).

And your exercise regimen is going to be important here too. You should be doing some amount of both cardio and weight training if you want to speed up the process.

Drop 500 calories from your diet and jog at a slow pace 4.5-5.0 MPH for 1 hour 3-4 times per week and the weight will magically disappear.

I would also consider replacing one of your main meals with a garden salad topped with cheese - go light on the dressing. [No more than 200 calorie meal]

How active are you through the day? A computer programmer and a construction worker will have two different BMR ratings.

As a GENERAL rule of thumb take you desired weight [185-lbs] and multiply it by 11-15 depending on your activity level and this will give you a good approximation of your BMR.

185 * 11 = 2035 cals/day [sedentary BMR]
185 * 15 = 2775 cals/day [active BMR]

Back