Need a supplement for putting on muscle, advice?

S

SixTwoSix

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to supplements, but here's my situation.

I'm skinnny as fuck.
I'm trying to add tons of muscle.

I have a weight gain powder that I've been using and I like it, but I still feel like I want faster/better results. My main goal is to just put on muscle, and lots of it ASAP.

Do I need Creatine? Whey Protein? My gainer powder already has a lot of protein in it, around 65g per serving taken every day, so I've been considering Creatine. Is Creatine good for building muscle fast? Any bad side effects? Any reccomendations on a good brand? Thanks.

Oh and before anyone asks, I know I'm eating enough. :D

squats + as much milk as possible. creatine is good too

squats + as much milk as possible. creatine is good too

Yeah I've already got most of the whole bulking thing down, I'm eating enough, shitloads of milk, heavy compound lifting.

The thing is after reading a bit on Creatine it sounds like some miracle supplement that will give me really fast results, is all of that BS or is it really that good?

If you had to choose Creatine or Whey for building shitloads of muscle ASAP what would you choose?

Jesus H Christ, these are common questions that can be answered in the FAQ.

Yeah I've already got most of the whole bulking thing down, I'm eating enough, shitloads of milk, heavy compound lifting.

The thing is after reading a bit on Creatine it sounds like some miracle supplement that will give me really fast results, is all of that BS or is it really that good?

If you had to choose Creatine or Whey for building shitloads of muscle ASAP what would you choose?

tough call, IMO creatine, just be sure to use a quick absorbing protein PWO. ultimately its not the supplements that will get you to where you want to be, its the hard work you put in.

I'm low on $$$ and need to decide between the two, the FAQ doesn't do that.

Dude, you can get both. If you're strapped for cash, the cheapest route would be to go to Wal-Mart and get Body Fortress Whey and Body Fortress creatine monohydrate. If you want to spend a little more, Cytosport, Optimum, Dymatize, and EAS all make quality and cost effective whey proteins and creatine monohydrate. Right now, if oyu buy in a store, expect to pay $30-$40 for 5lbs or so of whey. 500g of Creatine will set you back $20 max and will last you 100 days.

I'm skinnny as fuck.

I have a weight gain powder that I've been using and I like it, but I still feel like I want faster/better results. My main goal is to just put on muscle, and lots of it ASAP.

Do I need Creatine? Whey Protein? My gainer powder already has a lot of protein in it, around 65g per serving taken every day, so I've been considering Creatine. Is Creatine good for building muscle fast? Any bad side effects? Any reccomendations on a good brand? Thanks.

Eat more. I take creatine and whey and spend tons of $ on other supplements and am still skinny. Why? Because I don't eat enough.

Squat
Eat red meat, sweet potatoes, and raw kale all day every day.

I'm skinnny as fuck.

I would focus most of your efforts on taking in lots more healthy calories and spending your money on food rather than supplements. Food is the most anabolic substance you can put in your body. Copious amounts of Healthy sources of Protein , carbs, and fats along with a solid traing regiment and most importantly rest will help you accrue muscle. Staying consistent with these things will be what really helps pack on muscle as well.

I would stick to three basics for supplements if you are low on cash:

1- Creatine....any form is fine Monohydarte works great and is relatively cheap
2- BCAA's... Branch Chain Amino Acids preferably with a good ratio
3- Probiotic....These aid in the digestion and the abosprtion of food. Since you will be needing to eat alot more food than you are now these will help you absob and assimilate your food. You are the nutrients that you absorb..

This is a quick and dirty rundown on gaining some muscle...If you have any questions or anything let me know and I can go in more depth...

Eat more. I take creatine and whey and spend tons of $ on other supplements and am still skinny. Why? Because I don't eat enough.

What supps are you taking now? I thought you were a basics kind of guy after experimenting a lot before?

What supps are you taking now? I thought you were a basics kind of guy after experimenting a lot before?

Multivitamin
ZMA + GABA
Fishoil
Creatine/Malto/Dextro/Whey Peri/Post WO
Multicomponent Protein at night

Don't know if this is a lot compared to others, but it sure is expensive enough.

It certainly adds up over time. I usually take just what you do, minus the GABA. And I take a greens supplement rather than a multi. I thought you meant you were taking some plasma expander or nootropics or something.

Thanks for the responses. Might pick up some creatine, and please believe me I'm eating enough. I weigh 145 pounds and I'm taking in MINIMUM 4000 calories per day.

Are you sure you are taking in 4kcals? How do you know? and what kind of cals are you taking in? and you're still not gaining weight? Are you lifting too?

Back