Need a scrambled eggs recipe

i do this sometimes, tastes good to me!

the ones in brackets are alternatives that i don't like as much but still taste good

finely chop: scallions (or regular onion), red pepper (or green pepper), and 1 slice of deli ham.

put eggs in bowl, add a little milk, add salt/pepper.

put organic butter or whatever u use (i never even knew there was such a thing until reading this thread lol), put scallions/pepper/ham and fry for like 30 sec or whatever, then poor over egg blend. u can either flip it and make an omelet out of that or just flip + mash it for scrambled like i do.

I thought coconut oil was one of the worst. Isn't that shit pure saturated fat? Please tell me i'm completely wrong and it's healthy, because the stuff is delicious!

You're completely wrong and it's healthy.

I do this every morning without fail:

Microwave 1 cup of diced eggplant/zucchini mix for 3.5 minutes. Meanwhile, spray a small frying pan with Pam no-fat cooking spray. Pour in 1/2 cup of egg whites and scramble over medium heat. Add vegetables. Scramble up the mix for a few minutes, and when the eggs are cooked through, remove from heat and sprinkle on a little bit of fat-free cheese. Lots of protein, very nutritious and tasty.

I do this every morning without fail:

Microwave 1 cup of diced eggplant/zucchini mix for 3.5 minutes. Meanwhile, spray a small frying pan with Pam no-fat cooking spray. Pour in 1/2 cup of egg whites and scramble over medium heat. Add vegetables. Scramble up the mix for a few minutes, and when the eggs are cooked through, remove from heat and sprinkle on a little bit of fat-free cheese. Lots of protein, very nutritious and tasty.

Seems to be some areas of your diet that are severely deficient.

ok, my pantry is severely lacking veges. which ones should i buy? it has to have a long shelf life since i'm living on my own now. i need help!

scrambled eggs

diced green onions
red pepper
pinch of salt.
draw an X with ketchup
sometimes add lime juice

i eat everything in a bowl. always.

Seems to be some areas of your diet that are severely deficient.

Yeah, could be. It's hard for me to change old habits. I've only started reading about the whole eggs thing a few weeks ago, and I can't quite make the leap to eating the yolks. I just don't like them, which may in part be due to years of being conditioned to think they're bad.

I get lots of fat in other ways -- NUTS! -- so I figure skipping on it at breakfast is no big deal.

Yeah, could be. It's hard for me to change old habits. I've only started reading about the whole eggs thing a few weeks ago, and I can't quite make the leap to eating the yolks. I just don't like them, which may in part be due to years of being conditioned to think they're bad.

I get lots of fat in other ways -- NUTS! -- so I figure skipping on it at breakfast is no big deal.

Good to hear that you're getting (and understanding the importance of) healthy fats into your diet. "Fat Phobia" is still a very common and rampant ideation in society. Old habits do die hard.

As for your staple diet, start buy adding in more liberal use of real butter and/or oil oil, and full-fat cheese. Yolks are obviously optimal, but I can understand a texture issue with people.

Nuts are a great source of MUFAs, but be sure to balance with omega-3s from fish oil.

Im about to try this basic recipe but with 3x the butter.
Im sure someone will say it's garbage but this guy is pretty good for recipes IMHO.
Scrambled Eggs Unscrambled
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown

5 eggs
5 tablespoons milk
1 pat of butter
Kosher salt
Ground pepper
Chives or parsley to garnish
In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk with a fork. In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat until it bubbles. Stir a pinch of kosher salt into egg mixture then pour into pan, stirring slowly with a heat resistant rubber spatula. As soon as curds begin to form, increase heat to high and instead of stirring, use the spatula to fold the eggs over themselves while gently shaking the pan with your other hand. As soon as no more liquid is running around the bottom of the pan, remove from the heat and serve. Season with fresh black pepper and garnish with fresh chives or parsley. Remember: if they look done in the pan, they'll be over-done on the plate.

Good to hear that you're getting (and understanding the importance of) healthy fats into your diet. "Fat Phobia" is still a very common and rampant ideation in society. Old habits do die hard.

As for your staple diet, start buy adding in more liberal use of real butter and/or oil oil, and full-fat cheese. Yolks are obviously optimal, but I can understand a texture issue with people.

Nuts are a great source of MUFAs, but be sure to balance with omega-3s from fish oil.

Wow, you sound like you know your stuff. Maybe I should hire you as a consultant to help my nutrition!

I love cheese, so it wouldn't be a problem to add that. But the problem is lack of self-control. I'll eat a whole block of cheese in one sitting if it's in the fridge, so I just avoid buying it altogether.

I have missed the boat entirely on the omega-3/fish oil thing. I admit I need to read more about it and educate myself, but I haven't taken the time.

Most of what I know gets picked up in pieces, most recently from reading Sears' Zone diet book.

I have missed the boat entirely on the omega-3/fish oil thing. I admit I need to read more about it and educate myself, but I haven't taken the time.

Good place to start would be The Sherdogger's Guide to Fish Oil.

Most of what I know gets picked up in pieces, most recently from reading Sears' Zone diet book.

The many different versions of Sear's book are a great place to start; the basics of the Zone diet work very well for people, and for the most part, endorses a low-GI approach and emphasizes consumption of healthy fats.

Check this thread on Berardi's approach to nutrition for athletes.

salt + pepper + eggs + milk

Tastes pretty good to me

Back