Need a pick me up!

Savagebulldog20

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok I'm not moaning or trying to make excuses but I'm absolutely knackered. After working all day and then being a dad to 3 female hurricanes I'm finding it hard to have enough energy to train properly in the evening. I've not really used supplements or worried to much about a strict diet, I just like to see myself as a short light heavyweight:D and I have done fine against the bigger guys, in fact I prefer fighting bigger guys.

But I do think that I may need a small (legal) pick me up at the moment to help me train properly. Be that a supplement or replacing something I eat with something else then I am open to any and all ideas.

Here's the usual bit: 8 hours of sleep a night, adequate caloric/macronutrient intake are your go to's. As a dad/husband, worker, homeowner, etc. I certainly know that isn't possible every (...any?) night so I don't fault you for wanting a boost.

Chemically, lots to choose from depending on how far you want to go.

Nothing wrong with a strong cup of coffee, but if that isn't your thing then 100mg caffeine pills are always an option.

There's always premade pre workouts, which generally consist of varying amounts of caffeine, creatine, sometimes beta alanine, and a whole mess of other ingredients. I have an in depth article on my blog if you want to know more about them.

Ephedrine is easy enough to get legally these days at Walmart if you want to go there. Too much to get into on this forum, but it's an option.

There's plenty of others but those are some ideas, ranging from relatively benign to potentially dangerous.

Fat and caffeine.

Have a tablespoon of peanut butter and a cup of coffee.

Back