Need a new training partner...

Live2TrainNXC

White Belt
Reaction score
There was this guy at my gym who seemed cool at first, but then began acting really weird. At first, when he started at the gym all this guy could talk about was UFC and how he would like to train at it. Being a new guy myself, I was like, cool story man...I didn't want to hurt the guys feelings. So then the class started rolling and this guy got raped by everyone, including some of the kids that joined in on the adult's sessions. I kind of like the fact that I could tool this guy around myself being the new guy too. This lasted for a few weeks and same results. After being raped time and time again I can see that this guy was breaking down physically and emotionally. Till one day he started to cry and said all he wanted to do was train for the UFC and that he just wanted to everyone to be easy on him and let him win a couple of rolls. Nothing against yoga or anything, but when we stretch out in the beginning of class he would do the gayest poses.

Long story short: I miss having him around because it was motivation for all the new guys that came in to stick around because if we were having a bad day we knew it would get better if we rolled with him.

Update: I heard that this guy joined a health club that specializes in cardio kickboxing that has lots of hot chicks. Although I thought he was kinda fruity, I think dancing around with sweaty hot chicks rocks. There's also yoga there too.

should have let him tap you.

jiujitsu probably lost its next world prodigy to cardio kickboxing and yoga with sweaty girls because of you assholes.

There is a always some weirdos that train in BJJ.

What_The_Fuck_Is_This_Shit_Dr_Seus.jpg

I think you guys are getting a little paranoid with thinking every thread is someone trolling. This story is pretty believable

Some people just don't have what it takes, like the drive to impose their will on their training partner, which in this case may have been very...very bad

Why would he be a troll?
I Trained with a really weird guy at a Judo seminar. He was a yellow belt in some sort of jiu jitsu, so he had been training for atleast 6 months. Anyway, we are going to do newaza and when we get the signal to start, he begins to run backwards on his knees and doing all kinds of noises while staring at me with hate in his eyes. When I catch him in my guard he only muscles, and he can`t even do that right, I can literally just roll him over, not even using a sweep. All the time he was huffing and puffing and had that strange expression in his face, it was like I had killed his dog and he was out for revenge or something.
Later when I talked to some of my regular trainingpartners they told me pretty much the same thing.

7/10 trolling attempt. Better than most shit these days.

Yeah please tell us another story of you humiliating another white belt. We love to hear how cool you are and how weird all the whitebelts you train with are.

Two things.

1. Some people are just never going to be good (like me). They don't have the ability to put it together. They are hardly helpful really, unless you are working new techniques.

2. You still must let them in the game. Just because you can beat on someone does not mean you should. In fact, you shouldn't ever really be pounding on people that present no challenge. You should challenging yourself to figure out how to help that person get better AND how to put yourself in bad positions so that that person can help you get better in the best way they can.

Should of kept in touch in case he was gay and had some hot girlfriends from kickboxing.

Two things.

1. Some people are just never going to be good (like me). They don't have the ability to put it together. They are hardly helpful really, unless you are working new techniques.

2. You still must let them in the game. Just because you can beat on someone does not mean you should. In fact, you shouldn't ever really be pounding on people that present no challenge. You should challenging yourself to figure out how to help that person get better AND how to put yourself in bad positions so that that person can help you get better in the best way they can.

You speak the truth.

You still must let them in the game. Just because you can beat on someone does not mean you should. In fact, you shouldn't ever really be pounding on people that present no challenge.

Unless you are training somewhere other than your home gym. Then you should smash everyone without mercy and then only give them vague suggestions when they ask for help. :icon_chee

Unless you are training somewhere other than your home gym. Then you should smash everyone without mercy and then only give them vague suggestions when they ask for help. :icon_chee

Naturally.

Of course, I only meant your home gym.

:icon_twis

Two things.

Regarding the second paragraph, I have mixed opinions in the issue.

If I roll with a lower belt, I would give them heaps of room to move and even let them pass my guard on purpose.

But sometimes, I think it could be counter-productive for the lower belt.

You take it easy and tap him 5 times instead of 15 times.

So he missed out on the opportunity to learn another 10 subs.

If we all take easy on the lower belts, then they would think that our skills sucks and move on to another club.

Regarding the second paragraph, I have mixed opinions in the issue.

If I roll with a lower belt, I would give them heaps of room to move and even let them pass my guard on purpose.

But sometimes, I think it could be counter-productive for the lower belt.

You take it easy and tap him 5 times instead of 15 times.

So he missed out on the opportunity to learn another 10 subs.

If we all take easy on the lower belts, then they would think that our skills sucks and move on to another club.

There's a difference between taking it easy and letting them in the game.

There is a difference between teaching them through subjecting them to good technique and crushing them.

It's a fine line and being too far either way is bad.

There's a difference between taking it easy and letting them in the game.

There is a difference between teaching them through subjecting them to good technique and crushing them.

It's a fine line and being too far either way is bad.

I think some of my teamates are just a bunch of meatheads.

I was told to stop taking easy on the lower belts and the higher belts as well.

I guess they still take on new students like they stole their lunch money.

Back