Need a little help for a presentation

Calfc82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have a 10 minute presentation for a class this friday. My topic is going to be "The Evolution of Combat." Physical combat that is.

I was thinking along the lines of starting at UFC 1, where everyone was still amazed and captivated by the mystique of a martial arts black belt, and how Royce came in and changed everything. THen basically transitioning to how/why fighters need to evolve, the result of fighters that did not, and success of fighters that did.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions, or guys to focus on? Early guys would be Royce, Coleman, etc...and basically anyone from todays top tier guys.

Can you guys throw some ideas at me?

You should probably start off with wrestling, then add jiu-jitsu (the old samurai one, not bjj) Then go to boxing, muay thai whatever instead of just jumping into UFC 1.

Evolution of combat in the UFC should be the title of your report.

Joose,

He's only got 10 minutes. I could imagine talking about the leadup to and implications of UFC 1 for at least that long. I'm really not sure what's being asked of us, because talking about that stuff can't properly be done in such a short time, though it sounds like other people in the past that were just asking us to do their work for them.

what kind of class are you doing it for?

feels like alotta of it will go over the heads of most people

but I know how you feel I have also done it, but purely from a legalize it perspective where I highlighted basic legalize arguments, the lack of real professional leagues for judo/wrestling/bjj. that different olympic athletes wants to test themselves, and that it isn't as violent as people think

You should probably start off with wrestling, then add jiu-jitsu (the old samurai one, not bjj) Then go to boxing, muay thai whatever instead of just jumping into UFC 1.

Evolution of combat in the UFC should be the title of your report.

Noted, thank you for the insight

what kind of class are you doing it for?

feels like alotta of it will go over the heads of most people

but I know how you feel I have also done it, but purely from a legalize it perspective where I highlighted basic legalize arguments, the lack of real professional leagues for judo/wrestling/bjj. that different olympic athletes wants to test themselves, and that it isn't as violent as people think

Its a military class to become a use of force instructor for hand to hand combat. Its pretty driven by Krav Maga, and has a little BJJ.

Im primarily a BJJ guy with some boxing. The class is full of guys who train, its mainly to make us "certified" so we can be used as official instructors for guys who dont train at all in the unit.

And to the guy who suggested I was asking you to do my work for me, no I am not. I havent been in school in like 6 years, and im a little nervous. Just lookin to get ideas so I flow well up there and dont look like a complete tard.

Its a military class to become a use of force instructor for hand to hand combat. Its pretty driven by Krav Maga, and has a little BJJ.
Im primarily a BJJ guy with some boxing. The class is full of guys who train, its mainly to make us "certified" so we can be used as official instructors for guys who dont train at all in the unit.

And to the guy who suggested I was asking you to do my work for me, no I am not. I havent been in school in like 6 years, and im a little nervous. Just lookin to get ideas so I flow well up there and dont look like a complete tard.

Wow that's pretty neat, cool job. did you serve before this?

Ah, thank God. I thought this was another thread with some kid trying to do a report on MMA for his English class and cover some irrelevant stuff that nobody would get.

Ah, thank God. I thought this was another thread with some kid trying to do a report on MMA for his English class and cover some irrelevant stuff that nobody would get.

HAHA no that would be gay. Everyone is doing something fighting related, and everyone enjoys training. Very rare to find that outside of a school.

This is where you gotta start...

480px-Pankration_panathenaic_amphora_BM_VaseB610.jpg

HAHA no that would be gay. Everyone is doing something fighting related, and everyone enjoys training. Very rare to find that outside of a school.

i would absolutely enjoy that sort of environment.

Back