Need a little help, different questions.

gocubsgo5**

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been posted, im sure some of it has but i looked around and didnt see anything. I am 17 yrs old, and 5 foot 10 and am a wrestler.
First off, id like to gain a little weight but definately want to add it in muscle and not fat. Over the last year i stayed about the same in body fat and gained 10-15 pounds, im presuming muscle from working out and lifting. The lifting coach is against whole milk unless he says you "absolutly need" weight and nearly no one he knows does. How true is this, ive been drinking whole milk for around 3 or 4 years now and if it would help me lose any fat, id switch to 2% or lower.

Next, i have a scale that is not perfect, but very close. Every night, after about 8 hours of sleep, i lose 5 pounds. This happens every night. After workouts, i might be about 142 or so but before i go to bed and after dinner, im back to 150. Is my metablolism that fast?

And finally, the chocolate milk theory. I had a coach say that chocolate milk can be very good and not that unhealthy at all. He said that especially if you dont eat a decent breakfast at least drink chocolate milk so that your body doesnt tear down your muscles for energy. Is any of this true, because i thought your body went after fat first for energy rather than muscle.

Thanks, i hope this was a worthy first post.

If you're trying to get bigger, the best thing to do is carbo-load, and consume alot of protein, I mean brown rice and salmon, beef, pig, or poultry for a meal or two a day, also eating more, and larger meals will help with that

and beyond that, what type of lifting program are you using? I mean number of reps, and what exercises/lifts

and beyond that, what type of lifting program are you using? I mean number of reps, and what exercises/lifts

We have a 4 week cycle where we usually do 3 weeks hard and 4th week lighter on the main lifts (deadlift, squat, bench). We lift 3 days a week (i lift on my own on weekends) and every day do around 6 different lifts or exercises.

Each day we do 5 sets for either deadlift, squat, or bench. 1st set is about 50% max weight x5 reps, 2nd set is 65% x 5 reps, 3rd 75% x5, 4th is 80 or 85% x3, and on the last set its either 90 or 95% to failure.

Other lifts we do during the week are 30-35 pullups, chins, and neutral grip. Inverted and normal DB row. DB push press, medicine ball throws (like a basketball chest pass), Rear foot elevated split squats, and lots of cardio and ab work. And dips.

anyone know about the milk q's? Is chocolate milk ok and what about full milk if you dont want to gain uneccesary weight in fat?

Last edited:
anyone know about the milk q's? Is chocolate milk ok and what about full milk if you dont want to gain uneccesary wait in fat?

that all depends on how it fits into your overall diet. it also depends how you handle lactose. if you don't want a ton of cals from milk then drink skim, if you can handle the extra cals (dont' drink a lot of milk or you have a ridiculous metabolism) then the whole milk can be fine.

Back