Need a little clarification (Diet)

viel cazzo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I work out at the local boxing gym roughly 2 hours 3-4 times a week. My goal is to loose about 40-50 lbs and get healthy. My diet can use some help as I'm sure you'll all agree. Thanks to the FAQ and Finnegan giving me some pointers I've got some of the basic's down and need some explaination about Casein before bedtime as I can't seem to find what i'm looking for (I checked the search function).

I usually start the day with Whey Protein *ON* 1 scoop in water+ an apple or a bannanna.

light snack maybe some baked pita chips (Whole wheat from Trader joes and some Peanuts)Also take a multi (getting the ones that are reccomended in the FAQ and getting rid of my Centrum).

Lunch I have a whole wheat Wrap with Chicken breast Lettuce non-iceburg and sometimes a slice or 2 of cheese *low fat. I also eat either broccoli or green beans whatever they have down in my cafeteria.

I usually have another fruit and my green suppliment (need to find another one this is a powder and it's horrible tasting).

Pre work out I've been grabbing any kind of carbs I can find be it a 1/2 slice of pizza or a cheese sandwhich. ( I know not ideal but it's the way I've been doing it so being honest).

During workout I drink Gatorade and a water.

Post workout I'll eat if I have Chicken or lean meat if not I'll just take another ON Shake and that is my last meal of the day. It's usually at around 8:30-9:00 at night and I've been going to sleep hungry like you wouldn't believe.

Is taking the protein shake befor ebed a bad idea? Is Casein only for muscle growth? Any information would be a great help. I'm also trying to read as much as I can to get a better grip on some of the acroynms that you all use. So when you give me advice please leave it Barney simple thanks!

I also plan on taking Fish oil starting Monday as I ordered some and it still hasn't arrived.

I usually start the day with Whey Protein *ON* 1 scoop in water+ an apple or a bannanna.

No need for the apple or banana if your goal is to burn bodyfat.

Chicken breast Lettuce non-iceburg and sometimes a slice or 2 of cheese *low fat.

Skip the cheese.

I usually have another fruit

Skip this.

Pre work out I've been grabbing any kind of carbs I can find be it a 1/2 slice of pizza or a cheese sandwhich. ( I know not ideal but it's the way I've been doing it so being honest).

If you drink gatorade during your workout, then you don't need this meal either. If you feel you ABSOLUTELY have to have something pre-workout, get a cheap monohydrate creating and mix it with grape or apple juice and use that pre-workout, then skip the gatorade during.

It's usually at around 8:30-9:00 at night and I've been going to sleep hungry like you wouldn't believe.

Yeah, get used to it.

Is taking the protein shake befor ebed a bad idea? Is Casein only for muscle growth? Any information would be a great help.

For burning bodyfat it's not necessary.

Keep in-mind burning fat is liken to depleting a bank account. You have to be spending more than you're taking in. You have a lot of needless calories in your eating. You can get nutrition and still create the caloric deficit enough to burn fat. But right now it's difficult because you're not going to be burning that daily intake. The increased exercise factors in because it's more than you've done before, but eventually your body will adjust to that.

More meat and real vegetables, cut out the pizza and shit.

Fail. Less generalization if you actually know what you're talking about.

Thanks for the advice I will do as suggested.

The reason I can't drink apple or grape juice is I have IBS ( Irraitable Bowel Syndrome and I get bad attacks when I drink either of those) I don't know if it's from the sugar as I have a very low sugar no caffeine intake. But I get really sick.

Fruits bad for you during the day? Is it becaus ethey are charbs mostly? I figured I wasn't getting enough vitamins and minerals from the greens and would suppliment them with the fruit.

It's usually at around 8:30-9:00 at night and I've been going to sleep hungry like you wouldn't believe.

VVVVVVVV

KK said:
Yeah, get used to it.

Man did I need to hear that.
I'm trying to lose weight also Viel Cazzo, and exactly the same thing happens at around the same time. Fuck if EVERYTHING doesn't look edible. I don't figure there's any way around it. I do know this; with will power, a pattern will develop, and eventually the feeling will be normal instead of some foreign entity. Still bites though.

I'm used to not eatting hours before bedtime but with the big workout I ahve at night ending about 2 hours before I go to bed it's rough. I'm not too sure about eatting a decent meal at that time as I knwo it will sit in my stomach and not be digested and or turn to fat.

That is why I was drinking the protein shake before bed because it's only 130 or so calories and it's filling. Cookies and cream flovor for the win!

Just remember to listen to your body...I don't doubt that this regimen will make you lose body fat very quickly and effectively, but it may also cause you to lose muscle, and generally feel tired and burnt out for your workouts. So in a week or so if you feel terrible, you may want to add something to that post workout meal; as long as it is close enough to the end of the workout, you can definitely get away with something more substantial.

Also, if you want your training intensity and volume to improve, not to mention your boxing stamina, you'll eventually have to eat more. Improving your workouts can also help to lose body fat, so consider this as an option if you hit a roadblock.

The reason I can't drink apple or grape juice is I have IBS ( Irraitable Bowel Syndrome and I get bad attacks when I drink either of those) I don't know if it's from the sugar as I have a very low sugar no caffeine intake. But I get really sick.

Any form of carbs will do, however it's odd that you can eat apples but not drink the juice. Try 100% pure juices and see if you have the same problem. Martinelli's is the best apple juice EVAR.

But anything non-citric will do.

Just remember to listen to your body...I don't doubt that this regimen will make you lose body fat very quickly and effectively, but it may also cause you to lose muscle, and generally feel tired and burnt out for your workouts. So in a week or so if you feel terrible, you may want to add something to that post workout meal; as long as it is close enough to the end of the workout, you can definitely get away with something more substantial.

Also, if you want your training intensity and volume to improve, not to mention your boxing stamina, you'll eventually have to eat more. Improving your workouts can also help to lose body fat, so consider this as an option if you hit a roadblock.

Eh, my regimen is close to what I suggested, I box, and feel fine (training a lot more than viel does), no loss of muscle because of substantial protein intake, as well as moderate carb/fat intake. The things I specifically suggested to remove are things that aren't necessary to maintenance.

Ok I will try it and see how I feel and how the results look in a bout a month. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I agree with King for the most part but to add on I would definitely skip the chips and wrap since this is a cutting diet and a big one at that. Add more raw vegetables in place if need be.

There's nothing wrong with whole wheat pita chips. Complex carbs.

I read the package they are organic, Whole Wheat and High in fiber which is something I need. I don't eat a whole bag at one sitting. I have maybe 1 serving at a time 13 chips or so to tide me over till next meal.

I've been eatting small portions and throughout the day I'm very hungry. In between meals I would eat a few chips.

I recently purchased some almonds that are Organic and tastey as anything. I was wondering if I should blend them in my shake? Or just eat them as a snack?

There's nothing wrong with whole wheat pita chips. Complex carbs.

Eh...I dunno. Why not raw vegetables instead? Hes got 40-50 lbs to lose...I personally would keep all the manufactured foods like chips(organic or not) wraps to an absolute minimum.

I read the package they are organic, Whole Wheat and High in fiber which is something I need. I don't eat a whole bag at one sitting. I have maybe 1 serving at a time 13 chips or so to tide me over till next meal.

I've been eatting small portions and throughout the day I'm very hungry. In between meals I would eat a few chips.

I recently purchased some almonds that are Organic and tastey as anything. I was wondering if I should blend them in my shake? Or just eat them as a snack?

I just don't think you need the chips(And Wrap)....I think its better to go with a different source like raw vegetables if you want a complex card snack....just to keep insulin levels lower since you are aiming at 40-50 lbs.

Back