Neck exercise for muay thai

eneck

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In my opinion these are the best neck exercises for muay thai.
Do you have any more?

a9lnof3468534356225.jpg

Execico de pescoço .jpg
images.jpg

buakaw_chin_training.jpg

PESCOÇO (1).jpg PESCOÇO (4).jpg

Last edited:
Practicing clinch with your teammates duh
^^^ yep, you're getting your technique work in along with neck strengthening.

Kinda like BJJ and having to try to keep posture while someone is pulling on that GI.

Aint no better device to use for neck training / injury prevention IMO. Only downside is that it's expensive as hell.

No way people are gonna use this lmao, it makes you look like such a safe bitch.

For some reason, people always try to find ways to make simple things difficult. I bet a lot of people would use that machine if available across gyms. Just clinching is probably the best exercise. I tried some of the neck condition exercises, but they're mostly useless compared to clinching.

I'm afraid of working my neck too hard or incorrectly, so I avoid contraptions or weights.

I used to lay on the edge of the ring with my head hanging just over.You can do this at the edge of your bed too. Then start repeatedly moving my chin to the center of my chest, bring all the way back for a brief hold, and repeat. Do it for all sides of your neck, so you'll have to flip over and once to each side. There are videos but my connection is weak at my current location. I'll follow up here later.

Be safe.

^^^ yep, you're getting your technique work in along with neck strengthening.

Kinda like BJJ and having to try to keep posture while someone is pulling on that GI.
It must be a very difficult exercise

Aint no better device to use for neck training / injury prevention IMO. Only downside is that it's expensive as hell.

This device would be ideal. Too bad it's so expensive

This device would be ideal. Too bad it's so expensive
I have one - it is worth if if you can afford it. I had some extra money last fall and bought it (the Pro version) and it is beyond awesome (fixed neck and back pain and stronger neck (also size as my tee-shirts fit a bit tighter than they used around the neck).

The neck bridges that wrestlers do are good for neck training as well
They work but also compact the disks in your neck. Mike tyson used to do neck bridges and said he got some neck issues from it.

Dude, I'm so glad I found this thread because I can hardly do these exercises. I tried to watch different guides, but I did not find anything better than your pictures. Thank you very much for this post. I recently started training and the coach says that I have great potential. You are a professional and therefore I would like to ask you for help in choosing sports equipment. In particular, I want to find very cool and comfortable gloves for Muay Thai. I found several options at https://fighterculture.com/best-boxing-gloves/ and I would like to know your opinion about these gloves. What do you advise me to choose?

Last edited:
I have one - it is worth if if you can afford it. I had some extra money last fall and bought it (the Pro version) and it is beyond awesome (fixed neck and back pain and stronger neck (also size as my tee-shirts fit a bit tighter than they used around the neck).
Thank you for the tip

Dude, I'm so glad I found this thread because I can hardly do these exercises. I tried to watch different guides, but I did not find anything better than your pictures. Thank you very much for this post. I recently started training and the coach says that I have great potential. You are a professional and therefore I would like to ask you for help in choosing sports equipment. In particular, I want to find very cool and comfortable gloves for Muay Thai. I found several options at https://fighterculture.com/best-boxing-gloves/ and I would like to know your opinion about these gloves. What do you advise me to choose?
Of all these glove brands the best is Fairtex because it is leather.

Another good option would be Reyes or Twins

These manufacturers are really durable

Back