necessary to hit 130+bpm for cardiac output?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes the next morning after a night of heavy long intense training, getting my hr up to 130+bpm doesnt feel easy as oppose to having it around 120-125bpm.

Normally I try to keep these sessions active recovery, maintain my aerobic base and feel good by the end of it since i feel so sore and crap. So i was wondering if i find it hard to get up to 130bpm, if the 120bpm would be ok?

Ps rhr is around 48-50bpm

Cardiac output is the wrong term here, it's a measure for the combination of stroke volume and heart rate. Saying that, I wouldn't worry too much about what bpm you'll be at in an active recovery session, since the emphasis should be on recovery and not pushing for physiological adaptations. Your aerobic capacity is easy to maintain. Given that you're pulling up feeling like shit I might suggest having a look at your recovery periods and nutrition in your training schedule and making sure they're adequate.

Cardiac output is the wrong term here, it's a measure for the combination of stroke volume and heart rate. Saying that, I wouldn't worry too much about what bpm you'll be at in an active recovery session, since the emphasis should be on recovery and not pushing for physiological adaptations. Your aerobic capacity is easy to maintain. Given that you're pulling up feeling like shit I might suggest having a look at your recovery periods and nutrition in your training schedule and making sure they're adequate.

Thanks man. I most likely need too look at my nutrition after training. I find that i dont prioritize timing ie: i usually go by feeling hungry which varies from right after up to hours.

By cardiac output I assume you mean working towards lowering your resting heart rate.......anything from 120 to 140+ will have a stretching effect on the ventricle, its just a case of what is optimal, the older you get the lower number is better, for me 120 is good, because I'm old

Quick question i forgot to asks. Would you still be able make physiological adaptations even hitting 120bpm? your still relatively 50-60% of your max hr but because of not being fully recovered from previous workout getting hr's up to 130+bpm tends to be difficult as oppose to days were being fresh, hitting 130+bpm is no problem.

Back