Wild Dan Hibiki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Judo - 2 hours
Squat 5 x 5
Overhead presses 5 x 5
Power cleans 5 x 5

Dont do it!

they were fun to do though, my form sucks though so i wanna see if i can record a video and ask for critiquing

I'm regularly close after DL reps. If I go just a bit too heavy on the breathing (noob mistake) I lose vision and balance as soon as I release the weight.

Sure you're not just overdoing it a bit with regard to holding the air in?

You sure when you racked the weight the bar wasn't blocking your airway?

Hmmm my workout yesterday...

7 Sets Deadlift
6 Sets Power Cleans
5 Sets Weighted Dips
5 Sets Weighted Chins
3 Sets Overhead Press

5x5 is a bit intense for power cleans.

If they are heavy I never do more than 3 at a time, and if they are light... obviously you won't screw up your breathing so much.

That does seem like a ton of volume after 2 hours of practice. I've just restarted rethinking 5x5 for strength after reading an interesting (not compelling but worth some thought) argument against here: http://http://www.ericcressey.blogspot.com/

I don't think anyones going to argue with that logic, most of the guys that support 5x5 programs also advocate a lower volume/higher intensity program for intermediate and advanced lifters.

I sometimes almost black out when I stand up from the hyperextension bench, from being upside down during the set, but never from cleans or squats, or deads.

BTW. I usually prefer to lift before MA on days where I end up having to do both... Pretty much the same reasons as given in the lifting/cardio on the same day thread.

BTW. I usually prefer to lift before MA on days where I end up having to do both... Pretty much the same reasons as given in the lifting/cardio on the same day thread.

i know, my scheduling kinda sucks, i wake up late like in the arvo then go to judo and lift afterwards.

i will do lifting in the mornings and judo in the arvo from now on though.

and boy is my body aching

6 mg ephedrine+5 heavy dealifts does the same thing to me

i know, my scheduling kinda sucks, i wake up late like in the arvo then go to judo and lift afterwards.

i will do lifting in the mornings and judo in the arvo from now on though.

and boy is my body aching

Ah... fair enough, I feel your pain.

Lifting before Judo seems like a good idea.

Does it really make a difference? I'm new to MA but not to weights, and one of the things I've struggled a bit with is getting the 2 to be harmonious.

Does it really make a difference? I'm new to MA but not to weights, and one of the things I've struggled a bit with is getting the 2 to be harmonious.

There was a thread recently about doing cardio and lifting on the same day. MA is closer to cardio in my mind, so you might want to check that thread out - it had some pretty good info on my it makes sense to lift first.

dude power cleans are pretty intense,

my mondays suck

There was a thread recently about doing cardio and lifting on the same day. MA is closer to cardio in my mind, so you might want to check that thread out - it had some pretty good info on my it makes sense to lift first.

It would seem that the type of MA would dictate how close to cardio it is. Though I may have to give it a try. My other thought is to cycle my training year like most sports to de-emphasize BJJ for a couple months (drop down to twice a week) and spend the extra time focusing completely on max strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steVensct96
Back