Law Nearly 20,000 teens in Georgia have received their driver's licenses without a road test

My wife is a stem professor. All new nursing grads won't have any clinical experience at all coming next year. None. They'll be worthless. Like not knowing how to give a shit or put an IV into someone.

WTF are they thinking?

We want our thumbs!
EducatedMindlessAnnashummingbird-small.gif

No, there's a big difference between taking a road test with an instructor and just studying for a written test. At least let the person actually demonstrate the ability to control a vehicle before being licensed.

Once, and barely. With how I see people drive every day, the test clearly isn't doing much.

Lol yes, I had to do all of that and back up 100 feet straight, demonstrate the proper way to park on a grade, properly execute a 3-point turn, and parallel park for the finish.

Oh I did have to three point turn also actually. No parallel park though. Near completely unnecessary to be honest. Can do it but wasn't required. That was years ago before the state required driving school.

Typically, in my state the test is an hour (door to door) and is fairly comprehensive.

7 minutes tops when I took it. The cop was yelling at me the whole time so at least I was required to drive with a distraction. Counts for something.

They are upgrading permits to Drivers Licenses without doing the road test, this is crazy some reckless drivers man, I had to clock in hours of day and night driving as a teen before taking my test. Wisconsin is also going to follow suit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/06/us/driver-license-road-test-wisconsin-georgia-trnd/index.html

I feel like Mad Max driving to work during this pandemic. Hopefully IL doesn’t follow suit because we already have far too many maniacs on the road.

I too have never taken a road test for driving in Georgia.

But, I drove in Georgia.

Had no issues.

20,000 drunk untrained inexperienced teenagers driving what could possibly go wrong

As a truck driver I drove to Atlanta every other week.

Without a doubt, its mile-for-mile the worst driving in the entire country.

Wouldn't be surprised if 20,000 stupid and reckless kids on the roads would be an improvement.

I don’t disagree about quality of drivers BUT the vast majority of Atlanta got their licenses in other states.

Its called civil rights. Get with it. You questioning this is rooted in racism. I can smell it. When you say "teens" I know what you really mean.

you can also use that logic to being a lawyer or doctor.
Sure. I'll take a stab at it:

Doctor:
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Schedule exercise within your daily routine.
- Ensure two meals each day are made from home.
- Stay hydrated.
- Take the stairs.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Drugs are bad for you.
- Smoking is bad for you.
- Spend some time gardening or going for walks each day.
- Don't be obese.
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Showering is good for you.

Lawyer:
- Don't be a dick.
- Don't be an idiot
- Mind your own business.

That will be $225

Back