Near Olympic class runner -very impressive athlete in beer mile - gain weight while you race!

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This guy is in a league of his own. He was born to beer mile.

He holds the world record and is the best by far. He deserved to be disqualified with his more recent event. But still running a 4:24 mile with 3 1/2 beers is darn impressive.

I hope he gets the four beers down next time. I would like to see someone break 4:30.

My best is just under 10 minutes and I have tried several times. I get worse and worse. My last beer mile was a shameful last place 17 minutes. I couldn't get the last beer down. It is a much harder event than it looks. Rules are beers must be 5% abv or more. Cannot open beer until start of lap so cannot defiz beer before the event. You must drink the beer in the beer guzzle zone before each lap. 4 beers and 4 laps.

Fastest I have ever seen in person is 6:17 and that was a good college runner.

The buzz you get about 15 minutes after you finish a beer mile is pretty darn good. It hits you hard and it is usually a community event so there are a lot of very buzzed people all around you. It makes for a good start to an evening.

one time I wanted to lose weight but was unwilling to give up drinking, so after a day where I was too busy to go for a run, I decided to run home from my friend's place after drinking with him.

I concluded that drinking and running don't go together.

who gives a fuck, you know who is near olympic level, EVERYONE

WTF is a beer mile

You drink a beer. Run a lap. Drink a beer and run a lap. 4 laps. 4 beers. Beers must be at least 5% abv. If you vomit, you have to run an extra lap.

one time I wanted to lose weight but was unwilling to give up drinking, so after a day where I was too busy to go for a run, I decided to run home from my friend's place after drinking with him.

I concluded that drinking and running don't go together.

I used to be able drink a lot of beer and I used to be a decent runner. I figured I could do both at the same event in a beer mile. I cannot. I was a terrible beer miler.

The beer mile is much tougher than one thinks. The last 1/3 of the 3rd beer and about half the 4th is very hard for me to get down. All the sloshing and foam management is difficult for most and especially for me to manage.

4:34 is crazy.

I know they guy who had the WR at one time but that was something like 5:03 or something. He set the beer 2mile record at 11:39 but that has been broken as well.

4:34 is crazy.

I know they guy who had the WR at one time but that was something like 5:03 or something. He set the beer 2mile record at 11:39 but that has been broken as well.

A two mile beer mile would take me at least a half hour these days. That would be brutal.

A two mile beer mile would take me at least a half hour these days. That would be brutal.

Here you go. You'll never see a guy look as smooth as Jim 11 mins in and 8 beers in his belly.

Amazing performance.

He looked like he was feeling it on lap 7 and lap 8 looked tough. Mental toughness to get him through it before vomiting. I don't understand how anyone can go under 6 let alone go under 6 and keep going and hanging on and going under 12 for two.

Here you go. You'll never see a guy look as smooth as Jim 11 mins in and 8 beers in his belly.

You drink a beer. Run a lap. Drink a beer and run a lap. 4 laps. 4 beers. Beers must be at least 5% abv. If you vomit, you have to run an extra lap.

So its NOT a measurement of distance?!?!

Back