NDBJJ in DFW

mweaver123

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Could anyone who currently (or has in the past) trained at NDBJJ in the DFW metroplex comment on what it is like to train at this school? I've heard nothing but good things about the main instructor (JD Shelley), but I'm curious about other aspects such as the vibe of the school, how often JD or other black belts teach, how the students treat each other, and so forth. I currently train at Machado's in Dallas and I like it, but I might need to switch schools because of scheduling reasons.

Thanks for your time!

Don't train there so can't say anything about the atmosphere and who teaches. have you tried posting at txmma.com. You'll get a better shot and getting repsonses from people that have actually trained there.

I haven't trained there but everyone I have talked to at tournaments from there has nothing bit glowing endorsements for jd.

Where are you located? How long have you been at machados?

Don't train there so can't say anything about the atmosphere and who teaches. have you tried posting at txmma.com. You'll get a better shot and getting repsonses from people that have actually trained there.

Thanks, I might give that a shot...I just didn't want to spam the same message across the several different forums that I normally lurk. :D

I haven't trained there but everyone I have talked to at tournaments from there has nothing bit glowing endorsements for jd.

Where are you located? How long have you been at machados?

I live up in Frisco now...I used to live near downtown Dallas, so getting to Machado's was easier. Now, it's just completely out of my way. I've been there since 2007, but I've taken a lot of breaks, so my progression has been somewhat limited.

Could anyone who currently (or has in the past) trained at NDBJJ in the DFW metroplex comment on what it is like to train at this school? I've heard nothing but good things about the main instructor (JD Shelley), but I'm curious about other aspects such as the vibe of the school, how often JD or other black belts teach, how the students treat each other, and so forth. I currently train at Machado's in Dallas and I like it, but I might need to switch schools because of scheduling reasons.

Thanks for your time!

I train at Machado's. don't know NDBJJ. What belt are you?

I haven't been much lately due to work, life, etc., but JD is one of the first people I met when I moved to Dallas.

We have become lifelong friends; he is an excellent instructor and an active competitor. I cannot recommend anyone higher to become associated with.

Back