Law NC House overrides budget veto in surprise vote with almost half of lawmakers absent

That's what I saw when I googled it.

It doesnt look similar at all. 2 members gone as opposed to 60? 2 who were planning to be gone and miss voting on whatever came up as opposed to 60 who thought there wasnt a vote on anything at all.
lol
Of course.

Anyways. Valulable lesson for them to never trust what Republicans tell them. Seems pretty foolish after all that's happened.
And now they're even. <Moves>

Well that's the slimiest political thing that I've read about in a while.
How long is a "while"? I mean we've pretty recently had a fake rape allegation to prevent a SCOTUS appointment and a nearly 3 year FBI investigation based on a made up report by the opponent. Where does that stack up with "slimiest" when compared to people in a state I don't live in deciding to tax their citizens less when government employees didn't show up for work on a Wednesday? Last week, some people did something a while ago was an apt description that you can't criticize, this week it's "sweet, we're so sad about 9/11 that we should take the day off work". Funny how people's concern is dependent of whether or not they can take a day off work.

How long is a "while"? I mean we've pretty recently had a fake rape allegation to prevent a SCOTUS appointment and a nearly 3 year FBI investigation based on a made up report by the opponent. Where does that stack up with "slimiest" when compared to people in a state I don't live in deciding to tax their citizens less when government employees didn't show up for work on a Wednesday? Last week, some people did something a while ago was an apt description that you can't criticize, this week it's "sweet, we're so sad about 9/11 that we should take the day off work". Funny how people's concern is dependent of whether or not they can take a day off work.
Blech. This idea that they were taking the day off is a lazy talking point. They didn't stay at home and offer a moment of silence in their pajamas. Spare me.

Doesnt seem similar at all. They plainly called for a vote, not holding one in secret while someone was away.
So how many votes were cast? If more than half the house was in favor who cares?

Blech. This idea that they were taking the day off is a lazy talking point. They didn't stay at home and offer a moment of silence in their pajamas. Spare me.
They didn't? Do you get 9/11 off work? Yeah, neither do, and apparently more than half of the NC state house doesn't either.

They didn't? Do you get 9/11 off work? Yeah, neither do, and apparently more than half of the NC state house doesn't either.
Do you really think that the only duty of state legislative representatives is voting? Not appearing at functions like 9/11 memorials? Not being parts of the community they serve?

Surely you’re not that stupid?

This is why you drop centrism and stop reaching across to the other side.

It’s pointless. Obama’s 8 years showed you that fact.

At this point if the Dems are serious they need to take the gloves off and start playing as dirty as the GOP.

Do you really think that the only duty of state legislative representatives is voting? Not appearing at functions like 9/11 memorials? Not being parts of the community they serve?

Surely you’re not that stupid?
I guess I am. It was less than half of the state congress, so I guess less than half care about 9/11. Please post pics of your day off for it.

You've never sat back and wondered why literally every leftist on here just says "you're stupid" instead of any real argument? I quoted the only one who does have a mind of his own but this is depressing.

Last edited:
Back