International NBA cowtowing to China

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Gregolian, Oct 9, 2019.

?

How much is the NBA beholden to China?

1. Completely

22.0%
  2. Not at all

4.0%
  3. Full blow cuck mode

70.0%
  4. FUCK the NBA for taking away the Sonics

14.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

People watching sports don't want to think about/deal with politics, it ruins the enjoyment. Sports is an escapist avenue, a break from politics and mudsligning. Ofcourse politics does intrude on sports but a lot of people would rather it didn't.

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  2. Crocop42

Crocop42 Brown Belt

But, unfortunately politics comes to the forefront when specifically the NBA can't help buy parade their agenda. Whether is coaches using press conference's to talk gun control or foreign policy, teams wearong tshirts during warmups with the hot new cause on it.
    The NBA has decided to cash in on the SJW fight.

3. Bargey

Bargey Silver Belt

True. I respect a guy more like James Harden who was talking about loving China and stuff. But I don’t think I’ve heard anything political from the guy - he just plays ball and likes to have a good time off the court. But these cowardly hypocrites like LeBum, Curry, Popovich and Kerr....they are a disgrace to sports.

4. Kandyland

Kandyland Orange Belt

Man, even Trump was ripping Popovich and Kerr a new one. That is hilarious.

But unfortunately, it's justified. Both of them have spent two years running their mouths about Trump, gun control, black rights, gay marriage, etc. and now all of a sudden they are quiet. This is why these asshole athletes and coach's should stick to sports. It almost always bites them in the ass.

5. The Merchant

The Merchant Brown Belt

Activision-Blizzard also had a similiar situation when a person won their Touranement in Asia(Hearthstone) expressed support for Hong Kong, they banned him took away all his prize money, sacked the casters and put out a line about prserving the dignity of China.

Their own employees as staging walk-outs, folk cancelling the game.

Regardless of your views on the actual subject, you can respect folk who actually hold these views and live by them

6. Crocop42

Crocop42 Brown Belt

Exactly, you can't play SJW when it's convenient. Reminds me of one of my friends i grew up with. Was all about causes, ended up getting a job with one of my other friends and ended up getting promoted to a job making 110k. He now gives zero fucks about the poor, or any of his environmental bullshit he used to spew. Now, he's on vacation 3-4 times a year, has a huge house and a big old Chevy Tahoe.

Brother Numsi, ElKarlo and Kandyland like this.
  7. ShadowRun

ShadowRun error Platinum Member

Didn't two fans get kicked out of 76ers game for pro Hong Kong signs? LOL.

This is going to get worse, soon a lot of players will start speaking out on this. NBA made this China bed.

8. The Merchant

The Merchant Brown Belt

It's not the NBA per se as someone mentioned it's all the Billionaire owners of the teams having business interests in China and they don't want that fucked it's their businesses outside the NBA.

9. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

That's the tweet in the OP I think

ShadowRun likes this.
  10. Kandyland

Kandyland Orange Belt

You just offended everyone of the NBA's "woke" players and coach's with that statement. How could you!!!!!

11. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

I actually think the league is behaving admirably on this issue which what commissioner Silver said. Huge kudos to Silver. I also think the reason Kerr and Popovitch won't speak out is because trouble with China hurts their players business interests. For example; Steph Curry and Clay Thompson are heavily invested in the Chinese market and have been making annual trips there for years.

Instead of criticizing the NBA shouldn't we focus on what went wrong here: A foreign government is using economics to silence decent around the globe. All this from one tweet? I think China is way over playing their hand with this and this is the kind of thing that will anger their own citizens because they love the game.

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  12. Kandyland

Kandyland Orange Belt

LOL. I can tell you didn't read the thread . Everything you said in your first paragraph has already been acknowledged and talked about. You're like the person that shows up late for a party and all the booze is gone.

13. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Ted Cruz, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez co-sign Congressional request that NBA suspend activities in China

The two lawmakers representing polar opposite ends of the political spectrum represented in Congress co-signed a bipartisan letter Wednesday urging the NBA to suspend its activities in China until the country’s boycott of the league and the Houston Rockets ceases.

The other Senators and Representatives who co-signed the letter:
    Rep. Tom Malinowski, D-N.J.
    Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb.
    Rep. Mike Gallagher, R-Wis.
    Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore.
    Sen Tom Cotton, R-Ark.
    Rep. Jim Banks, R-Ind.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ted-cr...ba-suspend-activities-in-china-021745024.html

Where are the rest of the Senators and Representatives?

14. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Love all of you sexy bitches

That's a great start. hopefully more will grow a pair.

15. Gunny

Gunny Gold Belt

I think you have a fundamental misreading of the typical Han Chinese mindset.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny.../china-nba-hong-kong-basketball-fans.amp.html

The people who need to get upset are all of the world’s non-mainland-Chinese. Those “I stand with HK” signs should be waved at every game until the NBA comes to understand they can’t afford to be the CCP’s henchmen. Same for Blizzard and every other corporation that attempts to enforce China’s will

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  16. 1pedestrian

1pedestrian Brown Belt

China is right. Foreign trash is trying to instigate riots and supporting savages and criminals to divide and conquer.

17. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

Trump's the kind of "moral leader" who thinks it's more important to criticize the Chinese government for forced technology transfer than for forced Uighur abortions. And Donny won't make a peep over the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong. He made that promise to Xi Jinping like a good, little cuck.

18. Oliver Clothesoff

Oliver Clothesoff Brown Belt Platinum Member

Just points up how many liberals don't actually believe in what they say they do.

Kandyland likes this.
  19. ShadowRun

ShadowRun error Platinum Member

Ah ok I get lost in some of the threads. Was it you that had the Albert Einstein sticking his tongue out AV for a long time?

20. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

No sir. I've had this one for at least 2 years now and used to have various Spike Spiegel or Gundam Deathscythe avs.

ShadowRun likes this.