International NBA cowtowing to China

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Gregolian, Oct 9, 2019.

?

How much is the NBA beholden to China?

1. Completely

22.0%
  2. Not at all

4.0%
  3. Full blow cuck mode

70.0%
  4. FUCK the NBA for taking away the Sonics

14.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

I didn't think he grovelled that much:

2. Here's the thing

Here's the thing It depends on my Depends.

Bingo!

3. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/464748-nba-sparks-anger-with-china-apology

4. ElKarlo

ElKarlo Steel Belt

Yeah. China wants it's rules applied across the world, while refusing to play by the world's rules at home. China sucks

Ornife, A.C., TheOldMan and 3 others like this.
  5. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

This sort of thing is a real problem for the west. Our corporate economic system puts profit over all, and that doesnt interact well with a huge central economy like China.

ElKarlo and Ornife like this.
  6. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

They fired a tournament winner who talked about Hong Kong, and the interviewers who didnt stop him.

More importantly, afterwards they declared that they will always defend the honor of the nation.

Silent Liker and ElKarlo like this.
  7. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Jesus fuck. Just when I'm getting into PC gaming I've found a company to try and avoid.

7437 and uppercutbus like this.
  8. spin

spin Gold Belt

9. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

The big ones are all kinda evil. Activision/Blizzard is one of the worst. Nothing quite like this has happened before though.

ElKarlo, Ornife and Gregolian like this.
  10. surrealworlds

surrealworlds <-----Jaime Koeppe----you're welcome

So just to recap for myself:
    Trump is told by Chinese President to not speak about Hong Kong before trade talks.
    -Trump bends the knee
    NBA coach tweets support for Hong Kong, catches hell, deletes tweet. China removes broadcasting for some preseason.
    -NBA apologizes and bends the knee
    Blizzard Hearthstone tournament winner speaks about support for Hong Kong during postgame victory speech.
    -Blizzard fires player, removes winnings, bans him from play next year and just for good measure fires the two interviewers also. -Bends the knee and sucks the cock....deep

So......China runs this shit now huh?

Silent Liker and 7437 like this.
  11. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Apparently not Chinese satisfaction, based on lost corporate sponsorship and the government cancelling their charity event. People are still unsure if the Lakers/Nets game is gonna take place, although it seems likely at this point. I think I read teams were re-figuring the cap for next year based on losing that income stream.

12. kuromusha

kuromusha LONZO LOOMS 2019

It's insane because Blizzard used to be the standard on how gaming companies should act.

Silent Liker and ElKarlo like this.
  13. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Goat Lawyer

I don't feel like the correct answer was a polling option. They aren't 100% beholen or they would have officially apologized. But it's pretty close to that, they are humping the shit out of the poor fence.

But yeah an embarassment given their recent standard of moral integrity. And of course they sidestep the issue and freedom of speech virtue signal as an alternative to addressing the league's position. If you going to sell out Hong Kong sell out Hong Kong and be honest don't give us that "everyone can express their freedom of speech(in theory not reality, Morey deleted his post) and this is a complicated issue with two sides" It ain't a complicated issue with 2 sides, not at all. China's side is that Hong Kong is nearby and the British who conquered the island said it's there's, Hong Kong's side is they don't want the Chinese to be involved in their governance. Pretty simple and only reason they are feigning ignorance is cause it's convenient af.

If this was a US social issue the Nets owner would be forced to sell the team right about now. Instead he is reciting Chinese propaganda to Americans and allegedly "woke" Americans are all nodding the way Chinamen would.

14. Roman_23

Roman_23 Green Belt

Talk shit get hit.
    Write something stupid on Twitter and then delete it - what a hero :D why write it at all?
    Everyone in the world has right to talk, so does everyone has right to react, by stopping deals with the NBA for example. Is normal

nicapica likes this.
  15. llperez22

llperez22 Red Belt

china equals billions of dollars to the NBA so of course they want everyone to bite their tongue and let it slide. Honestly, tons of people are being hypocrites if they think the NBA is doing anything almost everyone else isnt also doing when it comes to China.

However China is really just being babies here. The GM who posted the original tweet apologized. The teams owner apologized. The NBA commissioner apologized too except he didnt full on blow China and he knew there was going to be American backlash to coming off weak so he reiterated that he supports freedom of speech. But all that wasnt enough for China so they are threatening to take their ball and go home. The NBA would lose money but basketball is huge in China so the fans over there would probably be upset to see the relationship dissolve as well. My guess is everyone involved with the NBA will stay quiet and hope this blows over and it will.

ElKarlo likes this.
  16. Metusalemi

Metusalemi Black Belt

17. llperez22

llperez22 Red Belt

the nba has it written in the collectively bargaining agreement for decades that all players must stand for the playing of national anthems at games. Its one of the things that kinda made the nba players hypocrites when they attacked the nfl for blackballing Kapernick since nba players play in a league where they have no choice but to stand.

Brother Numsi, ElKarlo and 7437 like this.
  18. Metusalemi

Metusalemi Black Belt

Buzz Killington.

Also. Read the article.

Kandyland likes this.
  19. llperez22

llperez22 Red Belt

my apologies, initially I just read the comments and it didnt occur to me it was satire.

Metusalemi likes this.
  20. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Moral Reform

It is trendy to be a mindless activist these days. If it were fashionable and profitable to be a Nazi, then the same people buying into the activist nonsense would be jumping on the Nazi bandwagon.

Kandyland likes this.