International NBA cowtowing to China

How much is the NBA beholden to China?

• Total voters
hiya Gregolian,

during a Hearthstone competition (which i assume was being streamed on Twitch), one of the competitors held up a "Free Hong Kong" sign, or something to that effect.

Blizzard instantly cut away from that camera shot.

i own stock in Activision (which owns Blizzard).

so, thank god they did what they did.

- IGIT
Maybe I should start streaming on Twitch with a giant "fuck China" sign behind me.......

Damn bro u take the opinions of basketball coaches seriously. What does pat Riley think of all this?
The hypocrisy I think is what drives people nuts, especially with Kerr.

It's obvious. Shit talking thr Republican government in America makes you money

Shit talking the communist government in China loses you money

hiya Gregolian,

Maybe I should start streaming on Twitch with a giant "fuck China" sign behind me.......

you'd get banned from Twtich, probably. its owned by Amazon, and they have no issue banning players or streamers who violate their policies.

Amazon has tried for a looooooong time to make a dent in China, to no avail. they want IN, not OUT.

- IGIT

The hypocrisy I think is what drives people nuts, especially with Kerr.
Who cares lol y’all weird as hell. That’s why I only get my political opinions from baseball managers check out joe torres opinion on climate change.

Has anyone asked Stan van gundy or Larry brown about this?

hiya Gregolian,

you'd get banned from Twtich, probably. its owned by Amazon, and they have no issue banning players or streamers who violate their policies.

Amazon has tried for a looooooong time to make a dent in China, to no avail. they want IN, not OUT.

- IGIT
Gggggrrrrrr

Who cares lol y’all weird as hell. That’s why I only get my political opinions from baseball managers check out joe torres opinion on climate change.
He's still alive?

That's not the point. The point is the NBA exploits SJW talking points. Then, partners up with China.

That's not the point. The point is the NBA exploits SJW talking points. Then, partners up with China.
Im saying I could careless wat some ex nba bench warmer now coach has to say about anything. Much less let it occupy space in my mind. Like i said I get all my political commentary from baseball managers.

Talks about human rights and other such thing in their different ad campaigns....

Ignores a country's huge list of human rights violations like human organ harvesting and disappearing people for political speech against the regime.

I doubt even Vince fucking McMahon would be this brazen about it.

Im saying I could careless wat some ex nba bench warmer now coach has to say about anything. Much less let it occupy space in my mind. Like i said I get all my political commentary from baseball managers.
For me it's more about Silver groveling at the feet of China apologizing for what Morey said that is the issue.

This is a huge story going on with business and big money between the NBA and China. Its more than just what some guy said.

For me it's more about Silver groveling at the feet of China apologizing for what Morey said that is the issue.

Lol dude the players wear 300 dollar shoes that cost 20 cents to make. What did u think Adam silver was gonna do lose money of course he has to cow tow to China it’s the nba’s biggest market

This is a huge story going on with business and big money between the NBA and China. Its more than just what some guy said.
I just wanna see Zion Williamson dunk the ball man. Too much ism man schism

hiyo Misfit123,

not just corporations.

President Donald Trump, the elected leader of the United States, is no different.

Xi told Donald to keep his mouth shut regarding Hong Kong if he wants access to China's markets, and Donny said, "alright, no problem".

that's America, that's life, and that's business.

China is world superpower on a fast ascent on its way to surpassing us, and there's money to made there. Americans who hope to enlarge their business footprint with the Chinese have to adjust their understanding of 1st Amendment if they want to play ball with China.

*muses*

look at it this way, at least Xi hasn't issued any directives regarding our treasured 2nd amendment rights.

- IGIT

Trump was the first president with the balls to seriously challenge China. Pretending he's the same as these greedy cucks is just stupid. Instead of talking tough while taking little action like most politicians, Trump does the opposite.

Trump was the first president with the balls to seriously challenge China. Pretending he's the same as these greedy cucks is just stupid. Instead of talking tough while taking little action like most politicians, Trump does the opposite.

hiya SammyJar88,

he is the same as these greedy cucks, as you put it. sorry to bring you the news.

Mr. Trump's work in China has to do with money. money, money, money.

the leader of China told our leader, "if ya want to do business with us, the first thing is this; keep your mouth shut regarding Hong Kong", and Mr. Trump complied.

if we're going to slag on the NBA, then you're going to have to drag President Trump into the mud also.

- IGIT

hiya SammyJar88,

he is the same as these greedy cucks, as you put it. sorry to bring you the news.

Mr. Trump's work in China has to do with money. money, money, money.

the leader of China told our leader, "if ya want to do business with us, the first thing is this; keep your mouth shut regarding Hong Kong", and Mr. Trump complied.

if we're going to slag on the NBA, then you're going to have to drag President Trump into the mud also.

- IGIT

Trump has continued taking measures against China. That's a fact. China is losing and it wouldn't be happening without Trump.

After moving the All Star Game from NC because the NBA apparently thinks a person born with a penis not being able to use a women's bathroom is a rights violation the NBA established itself as political. If the NBA won't stand up for people who want democracy now, it has some seriously messed up priorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump has continued taking measures against China. That's a fact.

hiho SammyJar88,

and i do not dispute that fact. his measures are to facilitate trade negotiations with China.

its about $$$.

Hong Kong has nothing to do with $$$. so the POTUS had no problem with Xi Jinping when told the POTUS to keep his mouth shut regarding Hong Kong.

likewise, Geng Shuang (China's minister of foreign affairs) had no issue negotiating with Adam Silver and the NBA regarding monetary terms for the right for China to broadcast its games - but they've forbidden Americans (who seek to do business with the Chinese) from being too feisty regarding the 1st amendment when it comes to China.

Xi is only demanding that the NBA comply. the POTUS did, afterall.

- IGIT

Back