International NBA cowtowing to China

How much is the NBA beholden to China?

• Total voters

Gregolian

.45 ACP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I wasn't COMPLETELY sure if this needed it's own thread but decided fuck it, it will be interesting for a couple pages.

Couple quick article links:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/asia/nba-china-houston-rockets-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/7682...employees-as-china-moves-to-block-block-games

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/7682...employees-as-china-moves-to-block-block-games

Started with a Houston Rockets exec having a Tweet in support of the Hong Kong protestors. China threw a fit, Morey deleted the Tweet, and NBA issued an apology but at the same time Chinese state run broadcasters are starting to pull NBA games and the Chinese version of Twitter has users supporting 9/11 and shit thinking it will cause "gotten to" for US fans.

***NBA Offseason v3.0 - Who Needs Kawhi***

As a Washington native.... even more reason for me to say FUCK the NBA and it's stupid high horse.

To be fair, the nba is likely 95% politically illiterate.

Still a bitch move though.

Steve Kerr is the worst of them all. That fucking pussy will talk all kinds of anti Trump shit because that is what the people of SF want to hear. But he is silent on China and the horrible shit that government does to its people, all in the name of money. What a coward!

Somewhat off topic, but Adam Silver is the epitome of what you'd expect a Democrat to look like. Guy is such an ugly cuck.

Last edited:
China-NBA.jpg

Steve Kerr is the worst of them all. That fucking pussy will talk all kinds of anti Trump shit because that is what the people of SF want to hear. But he is silent on China and the horrible shit that government does to its people, all in the name of money. What a coward!

Kerr also brings up gun control, constantly referencing his dad who was shot and killed, but was killed over seas in fucking Beruit for Gods sakes. I'm a Warriors fan but he and Greg Popovich need to look in the mirror and realize they are the reason for Trump getting elected. Their constant virtue signaling, patronizing and political attacks on everyone that didn't get Hillary voted in is the exact reason she lost. So every time, I hear those two whine about Trump, I cringe because they are the type of person America was rebelling against in 2016.

In other words, Kerr and Popovich are great coach's, nothing more or less. Their political opinion holds about as much weight as a janitor at your kids local High school.

All corporations bow to the all mighty dollar. No surprise.

This is fucking disturbing.

China is notoriously racist towards blacks, known for an alarming amount of pollution, known for exploiting the workers...i could go on.

The uber left NBA chooses them as their buddy. You can't call owners or franchises owners anymore, but you partner with China? Oh yeah, for money. Its all about money. Most of the fans are too fucking stupid to understand this. They listen Lebron James for political wisdom.

Kerr also brings up gun control, constantly referencing his dad who was shot and killed, but was killed over seas in fucking Beruit for Gods sakes. I'm a Warriors fan but he and Greg Popovich need to look in the mirror and realize they are the reason for Trump getting elected. Their constant virtue signaling, patronizing and political attacks on everyone that didn't get Hillary voted in is the exact reason she lost. So every time, I hear those two whine about Trump, I cringe because they are the type of person America was rebelling against in 2016.

In other words, Kerr and Popovich are great coach's, nothing more or less. Their political opinion holds about as much weight as a janitor at your kids local High school.

lol... The media sure loves putting them out there like they're some political pundits.

NBA is concerned over revenue loss if China blocks their gamecasts. beyond that I doubt they care about anything.

They along with blizzard can eat shit. Way to support a brutal dictatorship you cowards.

Watch how people arenup in arms when Trump says happy anniversary to China he's literally Hitler.
Those same people then support a league that does business and supports that same Country.

All corporations bow to the all mighty dollar. No surprise.

hiyo Misfit123,

not just corporations.

President Donald Trump, the elected leader of the United States, is no different.

Xi told Donald to keep his mouth shut regarding Hong Kong if he wants access to China's markets, and Donny said, "alright, no problem".

that's America, that's life, and that's business.

China is world superpower on a fast ascent on its way to surpassing us, and there's money to made there. Americans who hope to enlarge their business footprint with the Chinese have to adjust their understanding of 1st Amendment if they want to play ball with China.

*muses*

look at it this way, at least Xi hasn't issued any directives regarding our treasured 2nd amendment rights.

- IGIT

WTF has Blizzard done now?

hiya Gregolian,

during a Hearthstone competition (which i assume was being streamed on Twitch), one of the competitors held up a "Free Hong Kong" sign, or something to that effect.

Blizzard instantly cut away from that camera shot.

i own stock in Activision (which owns Blizzard).

so, thank god they did what they did.

- IGIT

No one is a leftist when big money is on the line.

Damn bro u take the opinions of basketball coaches seriously. What does pat Riley think of all this?

Back