******** NBA 2018 Offseason thread v5: bunch of lazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i figure they'll do.

Celtics are looking mighty good. they may pick up some star as well for a playoff run
Even if they don't get another star they look great but if they got a big man to fill out the squad I'd be sooooooo pumped

Even if they don't get another star they look great but if they got a big man to fill out the squad I'd be sooooooo pumped

With all the potential free agents, they have the goods to snatch one a team has to sell cause they're not going to re-sign.

Worries me actually. the C's are already ahead of the Lakers.

Jamaal Magloire is still the GOAT Canadian basketball player.
XS5LK.gif

This team was winning 40+ games without Lebron as everybody will be better obviously. If Lebron is one of the GOATs, they better win 50+ games.

With all the potential free agents, they have the goods to snatch one a team has to sell cause they're not going to re-sign.

Worries me actually. the C's are already ahead of the Lakers.
Yeah I mean without Hayward and Irvin they tested the cavs in the playoffs. With those two it's a totally different story, and now Lebron doesn't have love? I'd say the C's are one of the top 5 in the NBA right now easily

This team was winning 40+ games without Lebron as everybody will be better obviously. If Lebron is one of the GOATs, they better win 50+ games.

Lebron isn’t eternal. This year will be the start of his decline. Laker fans seem to think he has 3 more years at last years level. With that young team he will have to do so much of the heavy lifting just like last years Cavs.

Lebron isn’t eternal. This year will be the start of his decline. Laker fans seem to think he has 3 more years at last years level. With that young team he will have to do so much of the heavy lifting just like last years Cavs.
I mean to their credit he's been season-to-season extremely consistent. We keep saying he's going to get old and decline but each season he comes out looking like he's still at the top. I think the big question with Lebron really is if he can sustain that level into his mid 30's. As far as I'm concerned every year is just gravy at this point.

Yeah I mean without Hayward and Irvin they tested the cavs in the playoffs. With those two it's a totally different story, and now Lebron doesn't have love? I'd say the C's are one of the top 5 in the NBA right now easily

top 3.

the cleveland model really didnt work well without kyrie, so i know the Lakers aren't trying to be Cleveland West Coast.
so the Lakers just need the same thing that any successful team needs, guys that wont shrink from the moment and the opportunity. we'll see if they've got any of those guys.

the Celtics seem like they've got those guys,

and

209nbkm.jpg

Is it supposed to be news that the Celtics are ahead of the lakers?? Lol what’s next, you gonna tell me the golden state is ahead of Phoenix?? Cs won a bunch of games and made conference finals last 2 years with a young team.

Laker fans think their kids gonna improve that much?? I guess raptor fans should think the same consider they were the 2nd youngest playoff team last year and had the best bench full of all rookies and 2nd year players. Actually it was a top 5 lineup in the league in efficiency. Still I don’t see them making some ridic big leap next year although I expect improvement.

Butler vs Wade> every UFC fight, ever

(scroll to see Wade’s response lol)

Not going to scroll 4k posts in order to find his post. What did he say?

Gonna lmao when Lowry’s effectiveness takes a nosedive. You guys traded eRozan and Yak for a guy who’ll only okay ~60 games lmfao.

i mean they did get Danny Green, who immediately becomes their best 3pt shooter and second best defender besides Kawhi

no clue why SAS let J. Simmons go to ORL last year, I guess he had 'too much personality' or something

i mean they did get Danny Green, who immediately becomes their best 3pt shooter and second best defender besides Kawhi

no clue why SAS let J. Simmons go to ORL last year, I guess he had 'too much personality' or something

Fvv and Lowry shot the 3 better than green last year by a pretty wide margin. Raptors have all kinds of guys that can shoot 3s. Lowry, OG, green , kawhi, Wright, ibaka, JV, miles, Miller.

As far as defender goes I likely agree with you but OG, siakam, Wright, Lowry, FVV are all stout defenders themselves. I think SIakam and OG in particular have a chance to be special defenders. OG is built pretty much like Kawhi so he literally has the perfect player to learn from now. I think he could be truly elite considering how good he was as a rookie.

If all the young guys take a step forward and now you have OG against 2nd units instead of starters the Raps bench is gonna be especially studly once again this year. If your Diego boy Norm can get out of his funk it’s even better. He used to be able to shoot 3s and defend but he literally fell off a cliff last year. Although I won’t keep my hopes up

Fvv and Lowry shot the 3 better than green last year by a pretty wide margin. Raptors have all kinds of guys that can shoot 3s. Lowry, OG, green , kawhi, Wright, ibaka, JV, miles, Miller.

As far as defender goes I likely agree with you but OG, siakam, Wright, Lowry, FVV are all stout defenders themselves. I think SIakam and OG in particular have a chance to be special defenders. OG is built pretty much like Kawhi so he literally has the perfect player to learn from now. I think he could be truly elite considering how good he was as a rookie.

If all the young guys take a step forward and now you have OG against 2nd units instead of starters the Raps bench is gonna be especially studly once again this year. If your Diego boy Norm can get out of his funk it’s even better. He used to be able to shoot 3s and defend but he literally fell off a cliff last year. Although I won’t keep my hopes up
they did.....for one year. Green is a straight catch and shoot guy, and he's taller and longer than them. So historically? we'll see
Kawhi is also an elite 3pt shooter

Spurs lost out big time in that trade, no clue what they were thinking adding danny green

they did.....for one year. Green is a straight catch and shoot guy, and he's taller and longer than them. So historically? we'll see
Kawhi is also an elite 3pt shooter

Spurs lost out big time in that trade, no clue what they were thinking adding danny green

That is why I would rank Lowry as a better 3 point shooter. He can pull up off the dribble, create his own, catch n shoot, off pnrs.

I agree spurs lost the trade. Even if kawhi leaves. If he stays it’s ridic one sided. Demar lack of 3 and defence messed things up on both sides but raps won 59 games. Now you add the best perimeter defender in the league who can shoot 3s plus green as replacements?? I am really excited to see what nurse can do with these guys on both ends.

Give you guys a pro tip for fantasy. Nurse is a huge JV supporter and always thought he was underused. I would expect his numbers to go way up this year and be the 3rd option plus get plays ran for him to shoot 3s which is he more than capable of catch and shoot hitting on high %s . He could be a late fantasy pick stud

That is why I would rank Lowry as a better 3 point shooter. He can pull up off the dribble, create his own, catch n shoot, off pnrs.

I agree spurs lost the trade. Even if kawhi leaves. If he stays it’s ridic one sided. Demar lack of 3 and defence messed things up on both sides but raps won 59 games. Now you add the best perimeter defender in the league who can shoot 3s plus green as replacements?? I am really excited to see what nurse can do with these guys on both ends.

Give you guys a pro tip for fantasy. Nurse is a huge JV supporter and always thought he was underused. I would expect his numbers to go way up this year and be the 3rd option plus get plays ran for him to shoot 3s which is he more than capable of catch and shoot hitting on high %s . He could be a late fantasy pick stud
he could, but he also has problems getting down the court and defending the break and PnR

and sine Poetl is gone (right?), I imagine they'll use JV heavily in limited minutes, w/ perhaps Siakam picking up the slack

on another note, we had Base Team tryouts last wknd, have a better squad this year. Definitely more size and length

I guess @berimBOWLoh doesn't even believe in his own posts as he ducked out the bet.

The big problem JV had was they would run PnR at him and demar all game long so one of them had to sit and it wasn’t gonna be demar. Now with green and kawhi its a different story.

Poe is gone but moose is in. Not that he is a good defender at all either. jv actually better and not as bad 2nd half last year. I expect to see ibaka and siakam in small ball lineups as the C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back