Navy SEAL on real martial arts

Maybe it's different in the US, but that gun advice is, at least to me, a step too far. Killing a guy for attacking you or trying to rob you. I've never seen a guy looking for a street fight going in with the intention to kill.

It's his own opinion like he said, but wrestlers as bouncers has been a good rule here for a long time. It's more a functional strength sport so you can grab, hold and toss aggressive untrained drunks out without much of a hassle. While you don't want to end up on the ground in a drunken crowd. Their friends will kick you.

That's a good point. "No rules" is a great equalizer for people who are crazy enough, and tough enough, and have the right training.
There a many ways that a mixed martial artist could be fucked up in a real life situation.

Is there a rule that MMA fighters are not allowed to train the same techniques? Do these deadly arts teach how to defend against them as well?

My grandfather survived three years in a concentration camp. He was also sentenced to death three times by the Nazis but survived because he was a smart fucker. His uncle was shot in forest by the Soviets. And his father fucked Berlin. My granny sold cigarettes and lighters to keep herself and her 4 year sister alive at age 14 during a war. And yes, my sisters husband could fuck up a Seal.

Sorry, what information is this based on? Also why even both making these kind of comments?

Is there a rule that MMA fighters are not allowed to train the same techniques? Do these deadly arts teach how to defend against them as well?

No, I totally agree with you. I guess the point I am making is that fewer rules allow for more opportunities to finish a fight, and even the odds a bit.

I love when people generalize military combat system as inferior by default to sport combat. Coming from the Army, we emphasize the importance of finishing a fight as quickly and as brutally as possible. Eye gouge, groin strike, back to the head are among technique we use, which otherwise is illegally in sanction fights.

Sure. So you do full contact eye gouging and groin strikes??? Because if you are not doing full contact sparring, then you are just shadow boxing or doing kata...

No, I totally agree with you. I guess the point I am making is that fewer rules allow for more opportunities to finish a fight, and even the odds a bit.

For sure. On a related note, I've always said there is no one better equipped to throw a knee to the balls than a Muay Thai fighter lol.

I always wondered about dirty strikes being a great equalizer against a trained fighter. It may tip the odds a little but probably not as much as people think. If someone can't even land a jab on someone trained, how do they expect to get in range to eye gouge consistently? Clinching in a street fight can lead to a knife in your belly.

My sister and me kick her Polish commando husband's ass at BJJ.

And she can't post pics of her wedding on Facebook because he's a level above a SEAL and the wedding looked like a meeting of the hardest men in the world with aged tattooed hipsters. I had a little doggie and the prettiest girl.

Is he part of this unit?

For sure. On a related note, I've always said there is no one better equipped to throw a knee to the balls than a Muay Thai fighter lol.

I always wondered about dirty strikes being a great equalizer against a trained fighter. It may tip the odds a little but probably not as much as people think. If someone can't even land a jab on someone trained, how do they expect to get in range to eye gouge consistently? Clinching in a street fight can lead to a knife in your belly.

I'm with you bro. The original post I was responding to was addressing someone who is trained in traditional martial arts in a "no rules" situation. MT is a good example of what I was thinking.

I concur with his views. He wasn't some meat head moron who just said get a gun. He said gun, bjj, boxing, kick boxing, wrestling in that order. I think that's extremely fair.

My grandfather survived three years in a concentration camp. He was also sentenced to death three times by the Nazis but survived because he was a smart fucker. His uncle was shot in forest by the Soviets. And his father fucked Berlin. My granny sold cigarettes and lighters to keep herself and her 4 year sister alive at age 14 during a war. And yes, my sisters husband could fuck up a Seal.

so you're sister's husband can fuck up a navy seal and your sister can choke him out no problem? right.....

Well anybody can train those techniques, but the in the context of this thread some Sherdoggers believe that mma is the most effective martial art in the world and the top mixed martial artist would fuck up anybody anywhere, from the bottom of the ocean to the top of the Himalayas. And I just don't think that's always true, it's certainly the best martial art in a safe regulated sport environment and contains more than enough effective techniques, but the very things that mma disallows are the very techniques that mixed martial artists could be susceptible to in a street fight where anything goes.

And yes those "traditional" arts do train defenses against those techniques. Those silly sideway kung stances are designed to protect your balls. In mma they would be taken down easy, but conversely a squared mma stance would invite a swift kick to the nuts in the streets.

Jocko is the man, I love his podcast. Jocko could out grapple the majority of the UFC roster, so the kids running their mouth need to shut it. He is a legit BJJ black belt that rolls with Dean Lister on a daily basis. Also, Jocko has been a corner man in multiple UFC fights.

This video has absolutely nothing to do with how Navy Seal training translates into MMA.

Last edited:
That navy seal guy obviously doesn't know the proper hierachical order of self defence! Here in hierarchical order; No 1. is tactical atomic bombs, 2. convencional weapons such a missiles, bombs and granates. 3. long range sniper rifles 4. small handguns such as revolvers, pistols. 5. fullcontact striking; muay thai/boxing/kickboxing. 6. A throwing/takedown art such as judo/sambo/freestyle wrestling. 7. Groundfighting; judo/BJJ/sambo.

Fucking Americans and their guns

So stupid

Hey I recommend you get a gun ... What a retard. Ya that's what u guys need is more people with guns.

Canada bless... Thank god I was born here.

Back