Navy Blue Gi's

1294105705.jpg

I have this one.

I think the Tatami Estilo is easily the best Navy gi out there.

There wes an awesome thread showing how the estilo looked exactly like the shoyoroll yank, but is always available. Definitely one of my favorite navy gis.

just ordered the keiko raca in navy blue I like the white trim

Thanks guys! That Tatami Estilo is niiiiiiice! Converting the pounds, it looks like $114 USD, not too high. I just dont know how much they charge for shipping.

Thanks guys! That Tatami Estilo is niiiiiiice! Converting the pounds, it looks like $114 USD, not too high. I just dont know how much they charge for shipping.

Assuming you are in the USA, then the Navy Estilo is available from Budovideos for $139.95 plus usual shipping etc.

I reviewed the version 2.0 navy estilo and it is one of the gis that made it to my regular rotation. Just fits great. The colour wears off after a while, as it does with all dyed gis, but still retains a deep navy blue colour. More importantly, it fits me great as I have long arms for an A1 weight and height person.

The Scramble 1Chiban gi is also navy, I reviewed this too, it's a great gi with lovely distinctive styling. It's not available anymore as it was pre-order only, but worth keeping an eye out for in case people sell theirs online/ebay etc.

The other navy gi I have is actually a home dyed effort. Again, it is a gi I keep in my regular rotation and the colour has not faded one iota. Dylon really did an impressive job.

The Estilo is the best looking navy blue gi out there right now. Once it is de-patched it just looks amazing!

Any major differences between the Tatami Estilo 2.0 and 3.0 besides the new patchwork?

I have a ground control gi in navy, it is really sharp looking. Its almost the same dimensions as a SYR except the sleeves are a touch wider.

Any major differences between the Tatami Estilo 2.0 and 3.0 besides the new patchwork?

I'm wondering the same thing. I removed the patches from my 3.0 and it looks exactly the same. I don't have a 2.0 to compare to, however.

I'm wondering the same thing. I removed the patches from my 3.0 and it looks exactly the same. I don't have a 2.0 to compare to, however.

I think they changed the original 14oz pants to 12oz on the 3.0.

Also, were there any issues during the patch removal? I'm planning on doing the same.

Also, were there any issues during the patch removal? I'm planning on doing the same.

I had huge issues removing the patches. They are sewn under stitching that holds the gi together on the lapel and shoulders. I didn't have good success doing it, but I remember reading that other people were able to do it okay, but that it was a difficult process.

I had huge issues removing the patches. They are sewn under stitching that holds the gi together on the lapel and shoulders. I didn't have good success doing it, but I remember reading that other people were able to do it okay, but that it was a difficult process.

Do you have the 2.0 or 3.0? This fairly recent review on the 3.0 says they are quite easy to remove. I guess it all depends on the batch and luck of the draw...

HUGE pic here

The 3.0's lapel and shoulder patches were sewn under the collar. Removing those SUCKED!! I just used a seam ripper. I also removed the seam tape that ran the whole length of the collar. The back patch was easy to remove. I think it looks much better without the patches.

The 3.0's lapel and shoulder patches were sewn under the collar. Removing those SUCKED!! I just used a seam ripper. I also removed the seam tape that ran the whole length of the collar. The back patch was easy to remove. I think it looks much better without the patches.

So is it possible to remove those without removing the seam tape as well? The more I read about the removal process, the more I think I should just take it to the cleaners to handle... Got any pics of the final result?

Back