Naval Base Terrorist Attack "Arab Male"

Right, but the citizens they're assisting won't view it like that. It's all in the optics.

Cartels are providing these services in parts of Mexico as well- and those in need of relief will only remember their charitable deeds, not the reign of terror that put them in that situation.

Certainly I get that. And whether it's believing what they are told or just intimidation and social conformity, I don't expect the locals to push back in any significant way. They will do what they are told and take what they can get. So goes tribal life in the wilds. It's just tragic that these gangsters are able to have more control than someone less vicious and more well meaning.

i would've thought this sort of thing fell under like, phase 4 of reopening and getting back to normal

seems a bit premature for the ol jihad just yet

Certainly I get that. And whether it's believing what they are told or just intimidation and social conformity, I don't expect the locals to push back in any significant way. They will do what they are told and take what they can get. So goes tribal life in the wilds. It's just tragic that these gangsters are able to have more control than someone less vicious and more well meaning.

Fear is very powerful. Cartels record themselves torturing and killing people for a reason.

Back