Natural Born Killer vs The Immortal

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DS66, Jan 14, 2021.

1. DS66 Brown Belt

Somehow I just found out that these two are fighting this weekend. Very strange to see Condit and Matt Brown matched up on a card in 2021, feels like this matchup should have happened a decade ago. Crazy how they've never crossed paths before.

Who has enough left in the tank to get the W? Condit suddenly looked really good and rejuvenated in his last fight (although maybe it's not that hard to look good vs Court McGee). Brown is 40 years-old now and had a serious ACL injury not long ago, and he got destroyed by that young prospect in his last fight. It's hard to imagine he can still perform at a high level at this point. I'll always be a Matt Brown fan but I think Condit will likely have the edge in this one. What do you think?

2. Kwic Red Belt

Yeah. Hard to get excited for this fight for me. Both are so much past their primes it's not even funny.

3. Werdun Purple Belt

Im fucking hyped about this. Right kind of matchmaking; two vets fighting each other, rather than facing young guys. Also i bet it will be fireworks while it lasts

4. TheMessiah Brown Belt

Probably Condit by decision or maybe Brown wrestles him. Condit needs to quit, his chin will most likely get cracked soon

5. Werdun Purple Belt

I wish Condit will leave after this one and go to Rizin to stomp and soccer kick some fools

6. TJ Dillashank White Belt

In Matt Brown's last fight I noticed he held his chin up quite high which wouldnt be a good idea against someone like Carlos Condit. I have also noticed that his feet tend to be planted in order to throw power punches but that leaves you open to get hit. I have Carlos but if Matt brown was lighter on his feet it would be interesting. He also dropped the guy he fought last so Carlos will have to be careful. Honestly fan of both guys and will be sad to see one of them lose.

7. FlyingDeathKick Silver Belt

It was scheduled a long time ago but Brown hurt his back.

MCS and peterparker66 like this.
  8. DS66 Brown Belt

Agreed on the matchmaking here. If guys like Condit and Brown are going to still be fighting in the UFC well after their primes, they should at least be fighting each other, rather than the young hungry up and comers. Should be a fun fight too, these two never shy away from a war.

9. peterparker66 Black Belt

When the fight was first Scheduled it was the Just Bleed Gods Wet dream but , Matt got injured so it never went down .
    I'm a huge fan of Condit I really hope he Puts Matts Lights out in vintage NBK fashion and calls it a day

10. elvis 78 Black Belt

I think Condit is still too much for Brown , looked good enough in his last fight to convince me

youllneverwalkalone likes this.
  11. JustOnce Always learning

A fight between two journeymen but oh boy those two nicknames together are pretty awesome

12. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark Double Yellow Card

Hoping for Condit to land a body shot that ends Browns night. Something to satisfying about watching Matt crumble from those

13. machidafan99 Silver Belt

Liver shot coming round three.

14. ClosetVitorFan Gold Belt

I thought they were both retired for YEARS now. And here they are fighting again.

15. Vegeta I’ll never give in to you circus freaks!

Both are top 5 most exciting fighters ever.

Werdun likes this.
  16. Qays Stetkevich Green Belt

I'm excited about it. . . in a morbid kind of way. I agree: I like watching two exciting fighters go at it, but when they're both desperate for the W and at the end of their careers I don't think anybody wins. I'm hoping for a sub or bodyshot finish, as (particularly in Brown's case) I don't really want to these either of these guys lights-out concussed.

TJ Dillashank likes this.
  17. TerrorTimmy Three piece and a soda

Would have been a lot of fun about 8 years ago. Should still be a good scrap because both guys bring it 1000% but they're so past prime that it can't be as good as it would have been.

I think Brown takes it by TKO if he can avoid Condit's sub attempts from the bottom

bad mojo and TJ Dillashank like this.
  18. Lawrence Black Belt

Offence is the last thing to go.

If Condit still has his movement (he did against McGee) this will be a bloodbath.

Condit's weakness to the takedown should not be an issue as Brown is not a top control genius unless his opponent is wounded.

Rooting for Condit... Love both these guys

They are top entertainers who have given us way more savage wars than disappointments.

19. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Got nothing but love for both but NBK for life.

Werdun and IngaVovchanchyn like this.
  20. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

I think Condit at his best was on a level above Brown. So I'll take the iffy logical step of guessing that a shot Condit is a level ahead of shot Brown.

Two of my all time faves.

edit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Substance Abuse likes this.