Social Native Community Health Center Asked for COVID-19 Test Kits and PPE; Receives Bodybags Instead

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It's like receiving an empty Christmas present with a note saying "eat shit" inside. Who's the genius behind the move?
In mid-March, as the Seattle region grappled with a coronavirus outbreak, a community health center caring for the area's Native American population made an urgent request to county, state and federal health agencies: Please send medical supplies. What it received almost three weeks later left staff members stunned.

"My team turned ghost white," said Esther Lucero, chief executive officer of the Seattle Indian Health Board. "We asked for tests, and they sent us a box of body bags."

The health board's center — serving about 6,000 people a year in Seattle and King County — still has the package, which is filled with zippered white bags and beige tags that read "attach to toe."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ter-asked-covid-19-supplies-they-got-n1200246

I mean... Wow.

I dont think the title was supposed to make me laugh but {<jordan}

im not going to try and break down the article and read it multiple times to get to the bottom of it but it seems theres a bit more involved including the legal infighting amongst tribes on aid and how it was to be distributed as well as the fact that the body bags is considered by all sides and accidental shipment.

Well, if they don't need those body bags after 3 weeks, I guess they didn't need those medical supplies urgently after all.

That is horrendously appalling and shameful.

It'd be more surprising if their pleas were correctly and promptly attended to. Such is life for the Native American community. Still...that's just downright low.

Well, if they don't need those body bags after 3 weeks, I guess they didn't need those medical supplies urgently after all.
Don't say that. There's no need to.

That is disgusting. Sick fucks

That is messed up. Healthcare on many reservations is really lacking and they can be very unhealthy places. There was a reservation near where I used to live and the people living in the zip codes for that area had a ten year shorter life expectancy than the the people in the rest of the county.

Sending them body bags seems almost too mean to be a mistake.

Back