national black lives matter organization denounces rogue elements

When someone goes "rogue" and shoots a cop -- blm goes flippant and says "we don't condone but we understand it"

When someone goes rogue and has a bbq to build a better relationship -- it's "no, we don't support it and don't understand it"

No, you're right in a way. It wasn't a fully fleshed out opinion on the situation.

What I mean is that by blindly siding with BLM, it emboldened them, and made it seem like those on the left actually agrees with all they do. There is a problem, of course, but acting like this is childish, and accomplishes jack squat.
It solves nothing, and shows that BLM doesn't want actual progress, just capitulation from those who disagree.

Agree good post

Image20.jpg

wood not hit

"PATRISSE CULLORS"?

Shit, bitch look more like PATRICE O"NEAL....

patrice-091.png

I did too but I also really didn't deep down.

lol, that's exactly how I felt, I clicked and thought, "Alright, finally!" Then as it was half loaded the dread kicked in. The black community needs a leader that isn't a race baiting huckster. They just keep inflaming the people who already think there's no problem, while also avoiding real conversation or introspection.

Building trust and relations is NOT how to build trust and relations

using aggression and agitation to drive wedges between groups is how to build bridges.

Your post nailed the problem on the head. If BLM want to change things they need to work on building bridges through community events and outreach programs that include both the black community and the police coming together.

Instead, BLM proves time and again that they just wants to attention-whore through hijacking events, violent protests, hatred and racism. The BLM movement is useless and divisive. Shut it Down!

Way to denounce a positive step... Face it -- they are a racist supremacist movement just like the kkk and black panthers.

Hillary is going to have an entire night dedicated to these racists too... pathetic.

Well. this was a swerve. BLM is pretty much buried to the dirt at this point. Denouncing cop killers and advocating an enhanced dialogue with cops would've saved the entire thing.

By "denouncing rouge elements" I thought they would be denouncing the cop assassinations in Dallas and Baton Rouge, and anyone calling for dead pigs on social media

But no, they're denouncing the people repairing damaged community relationships in an attempt to bridge the gap and open better lines of communication

Fuck them. Fuck them so much
Same here, I was pretty shocked to see they would go through the effort to denounce such a harmless gesture instead of denouncing the more radical elements. Its like they want us to hate them.

On one hand I think they are pricks for shitting on a feel good event...

On the other hand, said feel good event doesn't bring about change. What they want is real change. Shit like better training, and higher standards for police officers. Accountability instead of police covering up for police. And end to secret "quotas" and racial targeting to fill said quotas.

Those things I just listed will actually bring about change. Not some event that makes for feel good news paper headlines.
I see your point and I agree but why go out of your way to denounce that and not the elements within BLM that are calling for, and possibly committing, violence against police? One is harmless, the other isn't.

It wasn't just a feel good event. The police chief held a Q&A session with citizens so he could directly address their tough questions. He also said they would have bodycams now and he was setting up a civilian review board that would consist of people from the neighborhood (i.e. black people) to review allegations of abuse of power.
Whoa, didn't expect that. I mostly ignored that event because I figured it was just a feel good event but if that police chief actually follows through on that then it was certainly good for something. Maybe the cops realize that if they want to have any say in how the police gets reformed and if they want to deescalate the tension they're better off responding and changing in reaction to events like that one.

Same here, I was pretty shocked to see they would go through the effort to denounce such a harmless gesture instead of denouncing the more radical elements. Its like they want us to hate them.
Mission accomplished.

who in the hell denounces bbq?

I hate to say it, but in today's apathetic world, bad publicity may be a thing of the past. Any press is good press, just look at ISIS.

who in the hell denounces bbq?

Damn right, it's the great unifier. Other than the ongoing pulled pork vs. brisket skirmish. Just had a Ribfest in my town last week and I am still in a euphoric post-full rack haze.

The national co-founder of the BlackLivesMatter organization says she does not support last weekend's "first step barbecue."

The event let the community and Wichita police officers talk about ways to improve relations between the department and minority communities.

"The group of people who had a BBQ with the police are not affiliated with BlackLivesMatter," said Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of the national organization.

A tweet from the D.C. chapter of BlackLivesMatter said the BBQ is not in line with the principals of the national organization. Cullors said the event in Wichita doesn't bring about change.

"We don't sit on panels with law enforcement, and we don't have BBQ's or cookouts with law enforcement. We feel the best method at this point in history is by holding police accountable by organizing and advocating for police accountability," Collors said.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Na...ot-support-First-Step-Barbecue-387989542.html

My gut reaction is like 99%. As soon as I saw that pic here I thought "those people are not BLM"
BLM assholes can all eat a bullet those racist fuckheads.
They are no better than neo nazis in my book.

I don't see how it can get anymore reasonable than that.
I guess they won't be happy until the police force no longer exists.

Of course not BLM are fucking criminals and criminal sympathizers. They are racist piece of shit criminals. That is why they have dead criminals as martyrs
and the democrats love them because they have always been racists as well.

Back