national anthems before title fights

No no no no no no no no

I don't want to ear and I don't want to see people faking patriotism.

It would take long. Maybe a special event like with a UK vs US or Us vs Brazil theme. I wouldnt want to watch it every fight. Like Mcgregor vs. Mendes with the singers. I really liked it and I was really pumped to watch the fight but I realized that if it happened all the time it wouldnt be special anymore and would just drag out the events.

Not bad idea,why not?They play for both in boxing, title match!

Not necessary IMO.

Leave that to boxing.

Why didn't anyone else ever think of this. Oh yea, because that'll be completely pointless, TS.

82757d1347926310-im-freaking-out-ma.gif

TS' reaction to my comment.

Why didn't anyone else ever think of this. Oh yea, because that'll be completely pointless, TS.

82757d1347926310-im-freaking-out-ma.gif

TS' reaction to my comment.
Duurrrr they did it before the finals of the 2006 open weight grand prix in pride.

Gay 4 Pay 69's reaction to my reply

my-gay-friends-reaction-when-he-finds-out-the-guy-hes-been-ogling-is-also-gay-71483.gif

I'm trying to class this sport up. National anthems and possibly a 20 minute build up of suspense. A crescendo of emotion

If both fighters are of the same national decent, the second fighter gets a rap remix

Can't stand the idea at all. Would rather hear the original UFC theme, with the gladiators done by Nickelback.

sure, why not. it worked well in Pride, brings emotions to it

Also, no more chanting USA USA USA... my god

Oh and Conor fans, no chanting and shit.

I agree completely TS. Imagine Jamie Foxx hyping the crowd up, and those at home, before Nate Diaz/Conor Mcgregor <5>[<taker1}{<redford}
{<buffer}

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck no. Seriously, no.

In Ufc everything is fast.Fighter walk out song is always cut on half,everything is about money,time,comercials,comentators talk too much...

Yeah why not...if the sport is going to be mainstream this would be the next step.

Lets be honest, most nations have horrible boring national anthems that were chosen to honor some poet who wrote an inspirational thing during some war. Usually it wasn't even a song. Singsong warbling that nobody would be listening to if they weren't stuck with it as their national song. In fact, people from some of the most nationalistic countries in the sport are likely to sing monosyllables not even in the song, over the top of the song, for the whole song. And most of them don't even say anything about their country or their national history. Australia has some natural resources, yay. Have a wombat sing the song and I might even stay awake. God Save the Queen, that's nice, the Queen is a fine lady. But the song is a snoozer. The US anthem can be a fun song, but how many people even know the words? The audience? "Blah blah blah... and the home of the braaaaaaaave." Its too hard for most singers to even sing it. Probably because it was written as a poem.

The only country whose national anthem I want to sit around listening to is Scotland, and they have the good sense to always do the instrumental version. And Scotland has, I think, one MMA fighter, right? One? And Calderwood isn't always one of the fighters. Usually it would be some nonsense where you can't hear the music, all you can hear is "who-ah, ew-ah, who-ah, ew-ah, who-as, er-ah" from the crowd for 5 minutes. And that's the national song for like 10 countries, from Ireland to a bunch of places in South America.

It works better in baseball, where you're expecting to stand around and enjoy the scenery most of the time, and people want to stretch their legs before the game.

You are right,most anthems are similar and boring,but for title fight,maybe

Back