Nate's"worst case scenario" visualizations

What it does is it makes him less nervous. If he has already lost in his mind, then he knows its okay to lose for real. It makes him not tense up, and fight to the most relaxed of his abilities.

Has anyone seen the video whete Nate says he imagines himself losing just before entering the octagon?

It's interesting to hear a fighter say that... odd way to derive motivation.
Nick is the one who said it, Nate probably said it too I think I remember. I found it odd since everyones with that tony robbinson positivity bs, them boys always keep it 100. Love the diaz brothers since the jump... fuck all ufc 196 diaz fans, bunch of fakes.

Back in my wrestling days, it was a good way to kind of take the pressure off yourself. It's not that he thinks he'll lose, but he's putting his mindset so that when he is in a horrible spot...it won't be a surprise to him. So when McG was using him as a punching bag the 1st round, he stayed calm and kept his composure....but when you look at when the tables turned...Conor couldn't acclimate, he knew he got stunned and immediaetly instead of keeping his calm..continued to run into Nates fire.

Kind of like GSP admitting that he was rocked by Serra, and instead of backing off and getting his composure back, he wanted to get back at Serra by hitting him...which resulted in him being finished.

Stay ready for the worst and you'll be prepared for when it happens. Fighters like Rousey who never accepted defeat fell hard when they finally met their equal.

I remember reading a passage from a samurai talking about envisioning dying in the most brutal, horrific ways possible to prepare oneself for battle or something like that. I'd have to look it up to remember exactly but that was the gist of it.

I remember reading a passage from a samurai talking about envisioning dying in the most brutal, horrific ways possible to prepare oneself for battle or something like that. I'd have to look it up to remember exactly but that was the gist of it.
I would like to see that, real shit... if you find it post it. Thats some g shit. even though thinking negative isnt really good, interesting to see samurais did that.

Back in my wrestling days, it was a good way to kind of take the pressure off yourself. It's not that he thinks he'll lose, but he's putting his mindset so that when he is in a horrible spot...it won't be a surprise to him. So when McG was using him as a punching bag the 1st round, he stayed calm and kept his composure....but when you look at when the tables turned...Conor couldn't acclimate, he knew he got stunned and immediaetly instead of keeping his calm..continued to run into Nates fire.

Kind of like GSP admitting that he was rocked by Serra, and instead of backing off and getting his composure back, he wanted to get back at Serra by hitting him...which resulted in him being finished.

Stay ready for the worst and you'll be prepared for when it happens. Fighters like Rousey who never accepted defeat fell hard when they finally met their equal.

Thanks for the well thought out response.

I can see it being useful.

You're going to fear death a lot less if you're embracing it... fighting out of fear for survival probably isn't the best way to go.

I would like to see that, real shit... if you find it post it. Thats some g shit. even though thinking negative isnt really good, interesting to see samurais did that.

I just looked it up. I have "The Samurai Series" on my kindle and phone and one of the books in the series is called Hagakure, which is where I got the quote.

I'm pretty sure he didn't say he visualizes it before entering the octagon. He just said he figures he'll get knocked out so he doesn't have to worry about it

I'm pretty sure he didn't say he visualizes it before entering the octagon. He just said he figures he'll get knocked out so he doesn't have to worry about it
nick def says he visualizes the worst cast scenario i know that for a fact. nate i think said the same thing as well...

It's not that he visualizes losing before going into the octagon
it is that he has internalized that he 'can' lose so that if he does lose
it is not too hard on him
immediately post fight

Ronda needs to learn to do this

it's not that it's not hard on him, it's so that he pushes harder to avoid experiencing it. He pushes through the tough times because he sees himself losing, and is fighting to avoid it. Floyd Mayweather was the same way, he drilled into his head over and over that if you make any mistake, you have to pay. So he worked hard to not make one.

Has anyone seen the video whete Nate says he imagines himself losing just before entering the octagon?

It's interesting to hear a fighter say that... odd way to derive motivation.

Odd to talk about being a man of your word then welching like a bitch

Back