Nate's Southpaw stance will be a problem for Conor

If you look at it logically from a matchup perspective.
If you look at it logically from a matchup perspective, this is probably the easiest fight that the UFC could've given conor except for something like a Poirier rematch.

Poirier would beat the shit of Nate.

I think that is a fun fight. I really like Poirer at lightweight.

For his part, Poirer got put away by Korean Zombie (fun submission to watch!) and Cub Swanson out pointed him fairly easily. Of course Conor crushed him but he's been crushing everyone.

I think Diaz matches up well with him, especially his propensity to brawl and how much of a height advantage he'll have. I definitely think Diaz is a better grappler than KZ and better boxer than Swanson, much longer than both.

I'd favor Diaz but that is a pretty exciting match and I think we'll likely see it if Poirer keeps it up.

If you look at it logically from a matchup perspective, this is probably the easiest fight that the UFC could've given conor except for something like a Poirier rematch.

I think its the easiest fight in the top 10 at lightweight for Conor.

Anyone who doesn't admit that is bringing some bias to the table. I'm a huge fan of Diaz since go and I think Conor matches up great with him.

Khabib, Ferguson and Alvarez will all wrestle Conor, and they do it at a very high level. They are all much physically stronger than Diaz too.

Nate will want to box and brawl with a guy who has devastating power and precision.

For his part, Poirer got put away by Korean Zombie (fun submission to watch!) and Cub Swanson out pointed him fairly easily. Of course Conor crushed him but he's been crushing everyone.

I think Diaz matches up well with him, especially his propensity to brawl and how much of a height advantage he'll have. I definitely think Diaz is a better grappler than KZ and better boxer than Swanson, much longer than both.

I'd favor Diaz but that is a pretty exciting match and I think we'll likely see it if Poirer keeps it up.

I was just trying to make you get angry by saying Poirier would beat the shit of him. I think this is a very good match, the skill level of those 2 are very even. I think Poirier is way better than he was back then and he would probably beat Swanson now. I think Poirier could play smart in this fight, gets TD and stuff, mix things kinda like RDA. But Poirier was pissed against Conor, so Diaz can very well beat him before the fight too.

Not even close, Pettis and Cowboy would have been way easier opponents. This is the toughest matchup so far for Conor. Nate is much taller than Conor and can box, can take a shot like none other, has great bjj and cardio and a great work rate. Conor is going to get hit a lot in this fight. Conor is very hittable, I'm not sure why people don't address this.

lol Dustin Porier would never beat Nate, Nate is better everywhere and would clown him

Not even close, Pettis and Cowboy would have been way easier opponents. This is the toughest matchup so far for Conor. Nate is much taller than Conor and can box, can take a shot like none other, has great bjj and cardio and a great work rate. Conor is going to get hit a lot in this fight. Conor is very hittable, I'm not sure why people don't address this.
Know who else is much taller than Conor? Cowboy. Know who hits much harder than Nate? Pettis. Know who has never been KO'd? Pettis. Know who else? Cowboy. Know who gets hit way less than Nate? Cowboy and Pettis. Know who have fantastic BJJ? Cowboy and Pettis.

As for Conor getting hit a lot, Nate is his first ever opponent that gets hit more than he does.

korean-zombie-jung.gif%3Fw%3D640

2.gif

Yea both great strikers XDDD

You will cry so hard for few days my friend...
'

Conor has beaten around 10++ southpaws in his career, everyone he finished.. The only one crying here is you little boy. 13 second ;) deal with it.

Know who else is much taller than Conor? Cowboy. Know who hits much harder than Nate? Pettis. Know who has never been KO'd? Pettis. Know who else? Cowboy. Know who gets hit way less than Nate? Cowboy and Pettis. Know who have fantastic BJJ? Cowboy and Pettis.

As for Conor getting hit a lot, Nate is his first ever opponent that gets hit more than he does.

Cowboy has been tko'd and neither him nor Pettis can box, they are easily pressured as well and don't bring the same spirit that Nate brings. Both Nate and Conor get hit a decent amount. Conor doesn't even more his head most of the time, keeps it on center line.

Conor won a world title simply based on his power alone.

I think he rocks Diaz. Diaz ties him up, gets the trip, sinks in a choke. Game over.

Diaz's got this.

lol Dustin Porier would never beat Nate, Nate is better everywhere and would clown him

I said I would favor Nate and it would be an exciting match?

Porier looks really good at lightweight and I think he will work his way into the top 10. He's got two first round KO's and a impressive ass kicking over Duffy since moving up to make him 3-0. He's not going to be a walk-over fight for most guys.

I was just trying to make you get angry by saying Poirier would beat the shit of him.

I don't live vicariously through MMA, message board posts don't make me angry.

I think this is a very good match, the skill level of those 2 are very even. I think Poirier is way better than he was back then and he would probably beat Swanson now. I think Poirier could play smart in this fight, gets TD and stuff, mix things kinda like RDA. But Poirier was pissed against Conor, so Diaz can very well beat him before the fight too.

Poirer is very talented but clearly an emotional fighter. That was true when he was starching guys at the regional level under Tim Credur and its true under the big lights of the UFC. He fights with something to prove as opposed to calculating a path to victory.

He seems far more comfortable without the heavy weight cut and looked like a thinker against Duffy. I like his prospects at lightweight. He's not going to run into serious trouble until hes against the truly elite guys.

No, it wont be a problem in the least.Conor is so smooth and switches stances with extreme comfort while throwing stinging, angular punches...

People just dont understand.

You're as dumb as you are annoying and fake tough. Cowboy was just finished two fights ago by body kicks and punches from RDA and Pettis knocked him out with a body kick. The only thing you're succeeding in is irritating people and making it evident you would go down on Conor with a smile if asked to.

How is Nate supposed to do ANYTHING to Conor when:

1. He has no power whatsoever.
2. Conor's chin is like Mt Everest.
3. Conor will be hitting Nate with insane force.
4. Nate's chin is shot.
5. Conor will have a significant stamina advantage.
6. Nate IS ONLY TURNING UP FOR THE CASH!!!!

It will be a one-sided shallacking until Conor puts him to sleep inside 2 minutes.

Cowboy has been tko'd and neither him nor Pettis can box, they are easily pressured as well and don't bring the same spirit that Nate brings. Both Nate and Conor get hit a decent amount. Conor doesn't even more his head most of the time, keeps it on center line.
Cowboy has only ever been finished by body shots. Both are easily pressure but my point was more that it's not very hard to claim either one is a better or worse matchup for Conor based on some of their attributes.

It's my opinion that the former #1 contender and the guy that's 9-1 in his last 10 only losing to the current champ and the former champ who is 9-3 in his last 12 and who has only ever lost against wrestlers are harder matchups for Conor than a 2-3 in his last 5 Nate Diaz who has fought 3 times since 2013 and who just recently had a fairly even fight with novice striker, Michael Johnson.

Conor won a world title simply based on his power alone.

That fight had literally nothing to do with power, and everything to do with timing, precision and angles.

Jose was the one who went for the massive left hook power shot, what Conor did was slip to the left, create an angle and let Jose run into his fist jaw-first.

How is Nate supposed to do ANYTHING to Conor when:

1. He has no power whatsoever.
2. Conor's chin is like Mt Everest.
3. Conor will be hitting Nate with insane force.
4. Nate's chin is shot.
5. Conor will have a significant stamina advantage.
6. Nate IS ONLY TURNING UP FOR THE CASH!!!!

It will be a one-sided shallacking until Conor puts him to sleep inside 2 minutes.

1. Nate is not a power puncher he is a volume puncher and has overwhelmed people with his boxing plenty of times.
2. When facing 145ers.
3. How do you know? We've only seen him hit vs 145ers, who knows how Diaz at 170 will react to his shots?
4. Says who? RDA couldn't finish him even after the Thompson fight. He also ate plenty of shots vs MJ and was fine.
5. Says who? We've never seen Conor go past 3 rounds while the Diaz brothers are 2 of the best endurance athletes in the sport.

He'd already answered the question. Nate doesn't like being redundant unless it involves copious amount of profanity.
Lmao, or he got straight shamed after saying something totally retarded, which is what he does. The look on his face was priceless. The point is, he shouldn't be throwing out accusations that have no merit when his teammates are pissing hot.

Back