Nates size played a huge role in his success against Conor.

This first pic was taken leading up the rematch with McGregor. Nate looks almost bigger than Nick who has fought at 185 and fought a 200lb, juiced up Anderson to decision. Much bigger than a guy who fights at 145lbs. Nate has filled out a lot and isnt the same guy who tried going to 170 back in 2011. His frame is definitely suited for fighting at a higher weight class than McGregor. I think McGregor got so tired in the first fight and so tired in the second fight (briefly) because that is what happens when you carry the weight of a tough fighter from a higher weight class who's whole style is built on pressure. Nate's best moments came from Conor being tired, not because he was outclassing him with pure skill and I think a big part of that was because of the size difference.

JCVD_Nick_Nate_Diaz_Feature1-1.jpg

377409AD00000578-3751207-image-a-21_1471794773243.jpg

I am aware if two men are the same weight they are the same weight but Im talking about their frame. A guy with Nate's frame isnt fighting at 145 and a guy at Conors frame isnt going to be fighting a whole career at 170. Conor is easily a weight class smaller and that makes a huge difference in a 5 round fight against a cardio machine like Nate.
Wait what???
26240.jpg

Woodley-McGregor.png

**insert Mcgregor next to bisping here**

Nate isn't a welterweight, he was just carrying more fat when he fought McGregor. Compare his physique to when he fought Johnson at 155.

They're both lightweights. Maybe you need to watch MacDonald ragdoll Diaz again to remember that.

If the weight class existed Nate would probably be best at 160. That being said he was still able to make 155 3 times in 6 weeks when he was on TUF, so 155 is obviously his weight class.

Agree. If there was an extra weight class to add in the men's division it's around that weight.

Half of the UFC fighters seem to be LW's. Suppose that a lot of them walk around at the average healthy weight for a man, so it's inevitable.

I think the weight cut has gotten more difficult for Diaz, Cerrone, dos Anjos, Chiesa and a couple of others as they've got older. When you seen the first two this time last year when they fought at 155, they didn't look great doing the media interviews as they were bringing the weight down.

I don't like the idea of having no weight classes - as it's another reason to stall bout agreements - but Cerrone is one example of someone who doesn't cut much weight for 170 and he's looked good. Some fighters are doing pre pre training camps to get down to the weight limit and their performances must be suffering because of it.

It works both ways
Like conor beating up smaller guys at FW

The nate fight was the first fight where conor dident have a size advantage, you see what happened

But Nate at 170 looked like Conor at 155. Lean and without extra muscle to burden him. Conor looked heavy in the 170 fight. He moved heavy, he was slower than usual, and he gassed quickly.

At 155 Conor is much more lean, fast, explosive, and fluid than he looks at 170 and even 145. 155 lbs is Conor's optimal weight. He has the best gas tank at that weight. Nate drains hismelf to make 155 and wouldnt be possible without his superior athleticism and triathlon shit. Nate is one natural weight class bigger than Conor and it is what it is.

To overlook this factor is to be biased against Conor.

Conor weighed in at 168 for both Nate fights at WW.

So what do you think his cage weight was against Alvarez at LW?

Also

Nate was slower at WW too
Just watch the MJ fight

Conor fans talking out of their ass again

95% of Nate's career has been at 155, and Conor's future is at 155. Nate is not a world beater at 155, so Conor better figure out how to fight "giants" like Nate, or he needs to drop his ass back down to 145.

Thank you. This is the nail in the coffin of the excuse-making fanbois.

Nate's size was not a major problem for all the other LWs who beat him. Why is Conor 1-1 with a guy who is 20-10? Answer this if you can.

IDK. Around 160 I suppose. He can shed that 5 lbs effortlessly and fight full power.

Conor was in the 165 pound area against Alvarez. It is unrealistic to think that he is only cutting 5 pounds at LW.

Last edited:
According to their UFC fighter profiles. Nate is 3" taller and has a 2" reach advantage over Conor. However Conor has a 2" Leg reach advantage over Diaz. Assuming he has the shorter torso. This was interesting to me because based upon that picture below, the UFC measurements in this case look pretty accurate. Their muscle mass in the picture looks pretty equal. This in my opinion makes the advantage Nate has not half as bad as a Jon Jones situation. Basically Conor fought a slightly taller guy for his natural weight division and lost. Then he was able to squeak out a decision. That is really all there is to it. Conor beats up guys that are smaller than him, that's why Nate accurately called him on it.

This first pic was taken leading up the rematch with McGregor. Nate looks almost bigger than Nick who has fought at 185 and fought a 200lb, juiced up Anderson to decision. Much bigger than a guy who fights at 145lbs. Nate has filled out a lot and isnt the same guy who tried going to 170 back in 2011. His frame is definitely suited for fighting at a higher weight class than McGregor. I think McGregor got so tired in the first fight and so tired in the second fight (briefly) because that is what happens when you carry the weight of a tough fighter from a higher weight class who's whole style is built on pressure. Nate's best moments came from Conor being tired, not because he was outclassing him with pure skill and I think a big part of that was because of the size difference.

I am aware if two men are the same weight they are the same weight but Im talking about their frame. A guy with Nate's frame isnt fighting at 145 and a guy at Conors frame isnt going to be fighting a whole career at 170. Conor is easily a weight class smaller and that makes a huge difference in a 5 round fight against a cardio machine like Nate.

Yeah but size didnt matter at all when Conor fought Partial Camp Mini Mendes.

#conorlogic

Thank you. This is the nail in the coffin of the excuse-making fanbois.

Nate's size was not a major problem for all the other LWs who beat him. Why is Conor 1-1 with a guy who is 20-10? Answer this if you can.
Figure out how to beat giants like Nate? Didn't he just win the last fight. Nate specifically poses a different matchup problem for Conor than anyone else at LW. Durable chin, solid boxing, endurance and aggressiveness. Not to mention the height and reach advantage. That's not an excuse, it's just a fact. If they fight at 155lbs, I think it would go much easier for Conor.

They weigh in the same that's what weight classes are for

Conor is apparently superman and can beat heavyweights remember

Lol

Conor lost get over it

So no Cruz mention? Only focus on mcgregor, right?

Nate is just a nightmare style for Conor. Too big, takes too good of a punch, and fights too up-tempo.

So basically Conor beats fighters smaller than him
Yes it did.

Also Conor's size helped him enormously at FW. That's the fight game: understanding and overcoming your opponents' advantages.
Conor's size played a huge role in his success against all his other opponents.
Jesus christ

What is up with haters trying to push this narrative

Holloway was just as tall and rangey...Conor OUT CLASSED HIM

Poirier WAS WAY BIGGER...Conor out classed him

And even Aldo and Mendes out weighed Conor on fight night - as both are known to cut a shit ton of weight

Conor was no where near as big for FW, as Jones was for LHW

Jones routinely had HEIGHT, REACH, AND WEIGHT over everyone he fought

Where as Conot NEVER has all 3 - AND HAS given up 1 or the other in most fights. Conor is simply tall...but tanks like Mendes and Aldo still weighed more etc...Alvarez weighed far more too

Lastly anyone who says Conor only wins because of a so called size advantage Doesnt know shit about boxing or striking

Conor wins due to Fight IQ, defensive genuis and pure counter punching skill

Theres a reason why Conor still out classed Nate who was a weight class bigger in every aspect....because Conor is the only one in MMA whos purely skilled

Now Jon Jones is someone who has No skill and relies PURELY ON SIZE to OVERWHELM

Conor OUT SMARTS AND OUT SKILLS

HUGE difference

Back